Place to Watch the Game Sunday Morning in Chicago?

Al Czervik

Hi everyone,

I am from eastern Ontario and am excited to be touring the great city of Chicago for the first time this weekend.

The wife comes from a family of die hard Hawks fans and she chose Chicago as the destination for her 40th birthday. We are catching the Hawks/Lightning game Saturday night but more importantly I am wondering how I am going to watch the Bills game Sunday morning?

I searched the forums and it sounds like there are two bills backers bars.....we are staying in a touristy area (downtown?) a few blocks off the magnificent mile and both Bills bar's are about 25+ minutes out using public transit....from google maps. Though I would love to make an appearance at Lincoln Station, I am not sure I will be able to drag the wife for a half hour ride each way so I can hang out in a bar on a Sunday morning as we only have a few days to explore the many sights.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any decent sports bars that would be closer to where we are staying? Apparently there is a Hooters a couple blocks away, but the website says its closed and under construction. I am just hoping for a better option than drinking alone in the hotel room and streaming the game on yahoo....although I am not afraid of that. Or perhaps there are any other sights by LS that I could use as leverage to get us up that way for a few hours?

Also I believe the game will start at 10:30 local time? Do bars typically have a time when they can open and sell pints on Sunday there? We are 11:00am here in Ontario.

I am looking forward to this weekend and any advice would be appreciated!

Go Bills!

Paul

9:30 eastern is 8:30 central which is what Chicago is on.

Plus it is only on Yahoo via streaming so who knows what bars will be doing that so early on a Sunday morning for 1 game, and the Bills Jags at that.

Probably better off bringing a device like a FireTV or laptop/tablet or the like with you and watching it in your room over the hotels wifi.

Or asking for the kindness of a Chicago based Bills fan to let you intrude early Sunday :)

Edited by CodeMonkey

Ah right...my bad I went the wrong way with the time....so it's 8:30AM Sunday...ya that is a bit early....I might be looking at a few hours of nursing the hangover in the hotel for the morning...that might not be all bad after all :beer:

The wife will be there so I'll be sure to erase browsing history before hooking my laptop up to the TV :D

Lincoln Station will not be showing the game.

You'll have to reach out to Delilah's if you want to go to the bar.

I'll be watching with some Backers in Austin, but can see if there are Chicago Backers meeting somewhere. Stay tuned.

Are there sports bars close to you? Of course. Will they be open at 8:30 on a Sunday to show the Bills/Jags game? Doubtful.

Thanks BC......sounds like it will be hotel internet access for this cat. If there was a Bills group somewhere for the day I could see if that would be in the cards.

I was hoping for a Jays/Cubs WS final and get to tour around Wrigleyville and check out the action....but that's not looking too real at this point.

Haha....I guess I can see your point, I'm sure its a non stop party up there....we will find out in the next few hours I guess.

Thanks again for the input BC....I'll be the tool at the Museum of Science and Industry wearing #78 Bills jersey on Sunday afternoon :lol:

Haha....I guess I can see your point, I'm sure its a non stop party up there....we will find out in the next few hours I guess.

Thanks again for the input BC....I'll be the tool at the Museum of Science and Industry wearing #78 Bills jersey on Sunday afternoon :lol:

Dude, that's a great museum. You'll have a blast. For you and for any other TSW'ers headed to the Windy City, NEVER hesitate to hit me up (or BillsBackersofChicago (we watch the games together, are co-presidents, although he's da real MVP)) via PM for recommendations or questions about Chicago.

We're happy to enhance your stay any way we can!

Nah, looks like tonight's game may be the last game in 2015 played at Wrigley. I can hear the crowd from my house. I'm not terribly shook up about it.

you must be close to me. i'm right next to crosby's kitchen on southport.

if you ever see a guy wearing a throwback standing buffalo (red on white) hat while walking a black dog in the neighborhood, that's me! identify yourself as "the big cat from tbd" so it doesn't creep me out.

you must be close to me. i'm right next to crosby's kitchen on southport.

if you ever see a guy wearing a throwback standing buffalo (red on white) hat while walking a black dog in the neighborhood, that's me! identify yourself as "the big cat from tbd" so it doesn't creep me out.

That's a great spot. Good friends of ours named their daughter Cornelia (Nellie) because the lived for so long on the block between Southport and Lakewood.

I'm in a different direction: north. Just past Irving, on a block between Broadway and Sheridan.

Dude, that's a great museum. You'll have a blast. For you and for any other TSW'ers headed to the Windy City, NEVER hesitate to hit me up (or BillsBackersofChicago (we watch the games together, are co-presidents, although he's da real MVP)) via PM for recommendations or questions about Chicago.

We're happy to enhance your stay any way we can!

Thanks again fella....It's good to know there is a friendly ear in town should I get spun around and need one.

We're heading out this evening and should be at the hotel there tomorrow morning. We're really looking forward to this weekend and I'll let you know how we make out! :beer:

Please do.

Happy to point you away from the tourists toward what Chicago REALLY has to offer!

I'm up and got the pre-game streaming on the laptop...texting a buddy at Wembley. This is quite the city you have here brother.....some pbr and giordano's go excellent together on sunday morning :D