Why is everyone so surprised?

brihs2005

First, i am happy as you all that he is here a few weeks before the rest of the team reports, but really - the guy is a professional athlete earning a salary, its not like he is getting paid hourly and working overtime. If you were in your mid 20's and told you better get your a$$ back here by your head coach, your OC, your QB coach, and the GM, my guess is you are on the first plane from CA to Buffalo. Like i said, i am happy he is here, but this should not be seen as a magnanimous gesture on his part, merely something that was expected out of him.

Sorry to rain on the parade, but i offer up a toast to you all. *Raises a Labatt* I drink to the JP-era that is just now getting underway.

I think we all saw how prepared JP was when he got tossed into the NE debacle. Him coming in this early to prepare is huge. It not only shows he wants the starting job badly but he is willing to make sure he is ready to take the reigns by preparing for an extra couple of months.

I think we all saw how prepared JP was when he got tossed into the NE debacle. Him coming in this early to prepare is huge. It not only shows he wants the starting job badly but he is willing to make sure he is ready to take the reigns by preparing for an extra couple of months.

238188[/snapback]

i still believe throwing JP into the NE debacle was somewhat unfair to a QB designated as 3rd string going into the game. nonetheless, it was a "message-sender" and i hope it had the intended impact on a brash young guy. the fact he is the first player to report says he's taking it very seriously.

remember, we're talking about a young kid here, regardless of how much $$ he makes. i doubt all of us were the most mature and responsible people when we were 22 years old -- some of us still aren't. let's not hold losman to a higher standard than we're willing to accept ourselves. a big salary doesn't make a person more mature -- it just makes him more wealthy.

the bottom line is that the team can't go any farther than it has w/ bledsoe, and i'm crossing my fingers that the "big ben" model can be applied to the bills next season with similarly positive results.

study hard, JP...