Random NFL thoughts

BuffOrange

The Jets will finish last in the AFC East, not 2nd as many are predicting. They're the only team in the division that is NOT stacked on defense. Pennington or no Pennington, they won't overcome that.

I don't buy the Seattle hype. They'll win the division by default, but too soft up the middle on defense to be a serious contender.

I do buy the Minnesota hype. For the first time in my 24 year lifetime, they may actually have a servicable defense.

Don't sleep on Carolina - they're still better than Philly.

The Rams window is officially shut. Wildcard if they're lucky this year.

The Lions will improve, but not as much as everybody seems to think.

The Dolphins will get worse, but not as much as everyone seems to think.

The Jaguars will improve, probably as much as everyone seems to think.

The Raiders will surprise some people, maybe even steal the division. I like their defense, plus the Chiefs & Broncos are overrated.

Kyle Boeller, more so than any other player, will determine his team's success. Ravens could win the SB if he steps up with a decent year.

I still say 9-7 and barely out of the playoffs for the Bills. Although this year could be a golden opportunity to make a run, since the Fish & Jets will be down, and the Pats will hopefully lose some hunger. After that - who knows - the rest of the AFC doesn't scare me that much. It's just too hard to be optimistic with an OL that has stunk for 9 consecutive years.

I don't buy the Jaguars talk, the Bills will bury that myth by half time! The Raiders are still highly questionable, and Kansas City and Denver are simply better! I do agree with your assessment on the Rams, although they will STILL be able to outscore some teams. Carolina is offensive line challenged and that might get Delhomme killed! If that happens, put a folk in them! The Jets are going to be 8-8 due strictly to Pennington, NO denying he is for real.... The Bills MUST RUN at every turn, but if it's done, then playoffs are a definite possibility with this defense! Don't get too bored, but 17- 13 finals might be the norm this season for Bledsoe and company! One thing though please, TURNOVERS!!!!!

I don't buy the Jaguars talk, the Bills will bury that myth by half time! The Raiders are still highly questionable, and Kansas City and Denver are simply better! I do agree with your assessment on the Rams, although they will STILL be able to outscore some teams. Carolina is offensive line challenged and that might get Delhomme killed! If that happens, put a folk in them! The Jets are going to be 8-8 due strictly to Pennington, NO denying he is for real.... The Bills MUST RUN at every turn, but if it's done, then playoffs are a definite possibility with this defense! Don't get too bored, but 17- 13 finals might be the norm this season for Bledsoe and company! One thing though please, TURNOVERS!!!!!

17944[/snapback]

Agree with everything you wrote, except that the Rams have no O-line, especially if Pace still holds-out.

I disagree with the Jets, they have one of the best DE tandems in the league, they released the old and slow linebackers and replaced them with more athletic and, faster players.

There defense will be quicker and much improved.

I see them at 10-6 or in the 9-7 range.

18011[/snapback]

Their interior DL is still weak, Abraham is injured too often to be counted-on, and their secondary is weak. As for their LB'ers, yes they're younger and faster, but they're also more inexperienced, and they have a new DC.

• 3 months later...
The Jets will finish last in the AFC East, not 2nd as many are predicting.  They're the only team in the division that is NOT stacked on defense.  Pennington or no Pennington, they won't overcome that. 

I don't buy the Seattle hype.  They'll win the division by default, but too soft up the middle on defense to be a serious contender.

I do buy the Minnesota hype.  For the first time in my 24 year lifetime, they may actually have a servicable defense. 

Don't sleep on Carolina - they're still better than Philly. 

The Rams window is officially shut.  Wildcard if they're lucky this year.

The Lions will improve, but not as much as everybody seems to think.

The Dolphins will get worse, but not as much as everyone seems to think.

The Jaguars will improve, probably as much as everyone seems to think.

The Raiders will surprise some people, maybe even steal the division.  I like their defense, plus the Chiefs & Broncos are overrated.

Kyle Boeller, more so than any other player, will determine his team's success.  Ravens could win the SB if he steps up with a decent year.

I still say 9-7 and barely out of the playoffs for the Bills.  Although this year could be a golden opportunity to make a run, since the Fish & Jets will be down, and the Pats will hopefully lose some hunger.  After that - who knows - the rest of the AFC doesn't scare me that much.  It's just too hard to be optimistic with an OL that has stunk for 9 consecutive years.

17842[/snapback]

Well, I was right about the Jags, Seahawks, Rams, Lions, Bills, Chiefs, Broncos, and Kyle Boeller. Lets just forget about those Raiders, Jets & Dolphins comments. Gotta give myself a break on Carolina b/c of the injuries. Jury is still out on the Vikings.

Well, I was right about the Jags, Seahawks, Rams, Lions, Bills, Chiefs, Broncos, and Kyle Boeller.  Lets just forget about those Raiders, Jets & Dolphins comments.  Gotta give myself a break on Carolina b/c of the injuries.  Jury is still out on the Vikings.

150535[/snapback]

On the Vikings: Not really. Their defense sucks. For whatever reason, they just don't execute the called defense. Teddy C. is losing his MIND. AW has been playing well, however. Probably their defensive MVP.