Taking Marrone vs. Ryan coaching styles into consideration

Good stuff, dezertbill! I believe Marrone & Co were totally unqualified to run an NFL pro offense. That set back many of the offensive players, esp the young OL.

Aaron Kromer is said to be a "teacher" among OL coaches, so I look forward to development of all 3 of Kouandjio, Richardson, and Henderson.

It's very exciting to have "professional" NFL coaches working with the Bills players.

First off...happy birthday EJ! Just checked out his twitter page and he was thanking the well wishers there.

Secondly, I think Manuel's burning motivation will be to "shove it" to the Jags' OL coach season. I'm totally serious.

Lastly, this is his last chance with Buffalo and he gets it with a proven successful OC in Greg Roman. EJ won't be able to say that the Bills didn't support him in this his 3rd and most important season. Coaches, receiving options, running game...it's all there on a silver platter for him.

While I think even if this doesn't workout in Buffalo some other team will give Manuel a chance, I believe this is his last credible shot to earn a starting job. Any opportunity after this will be as a backup.

I also believe that as proud as EJ is he is working extra hard not only to throw it in the face of Marrone, but also every single NFL talking head out there that scoffs at the Bills QB situation.

I rate the odds of EJ starting at 50/50. I know most would give lesser odds, but I still feel there was something not clicking between Manuel, Hackett and Marrone and a fresh start will benefit EJ. I also believe Roman's experience gives him a huge edge over Hackett.

However, with Rex Ryan on board he has no allegiance to Manuel, and even though Whaley is still going to be pulling for him it's going to be a situation where he will not get getting the benefit of being a first round pick.

I really hope EJ comes out with a new focus and starts performing like a first rounder.

Based on his work ethic and character I'm betting he does. But if he doesn't I also feel Cassel can do enough to give the Bills a chance to reach the playoffs.

Edited by dezertbill