Fred Jackson done in FF?

Thrivefourfive

Hey guys, I'm a new here and this is my first post in the FF section. I've been in fantasy football for 15 years, and play in 4 leagues a year, one being a full blown dynasty league - only drafting rookies and FA after the inagural season.

Somehow I'm pretty objective about Bills players. This year I drafted and traded for FJax in almost every league. As you know, he was a good #2 in ppr if you had a solid roster. I acquired him in a blockbuster trade in my dynasty (Lacy/RGIII/Rudolph for Luck/Jackson) and I was hoping to get at least another season out of him.

But with Rex and Roman, I fear that Fred will become unworthy of a roster spot. Those guys have never thrown to RBs, and that's the only thing that keeps Jackson in lineups. Without the catches, he's unfortunately nothing at all.

What do you guys think? How do you see Watkins, Jackson, Spiller (if he is re-signed) a QB working out in the new system? To me, it seems like if a QB is a runner he could be okay, and one workhorse RB and a TE would be good too.

• 5 months later...

Hey guys, I'm a new here and this is my first post in the FF section. I've been in fantasy football for 15 years, and play in 4 leagues a year, one being a full blown dynasty league - only drafting rookies and FA after the inagural season.

Somehow I'm pretty objective about Bills players. This year I drafted and traded for FJax in almost every league. As you know, he was a good #2 in ppr if you had a solid roster. I acquired him in a blockbuster trade in my dynasty (Lacy/RGIII/Rudolph for Luck/Jackson) and I was hoping to get at least another season out of him.

But with Rex and Roman, I fear that Fred will become unworthy of a roster spot. Those guys have never thrown to RBs, and that's the only thing that keeps Jackson in lineups. Without the catches, he's unfortunately nothing at all.

What do you guys think? How do you see Watkins, Jackson, Spiller (if he is re-signed) a QB working out in the new system? To me, it seems like if a QB is a runner he could be okay, and one workhorse RB and a TE would be good too.

Maybe, just maybe, do the opposite.........seriously, just do it

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.