Flutie coming back to Mass?

Thailog80

Well, the Patsies do need a back-up QB (Davey started and STUNK last night) and it's not like AFM could lay claim to being a starter, right?  RIGHT?  :P

Although AFM is a diminutive man, his delusions (like his ego) are legendary.  :D

17121[/snapback]

AFM?? A fuggin midget?

:D

America's Favorite Midget in Foxboro... again?

:P

17115[/snapback]

At this point, I'd prefer almost anyone as an alternative to Davey as the #2 QB. Playing against SCRUBS, Davey has been brutal. As it stands now, if Brady goes down, we're screwed.

So much for Weis' great "system", huh CH? Bledsoe played like crap in it, Davey plays like crap in it...hell, the only person who's played well in Weis' New England system is Brady!

"America's Favorite Midget,"  copyright Jim McMahon, 1988.  :P

17159[/snapback]

What the general feeling about Flutie in NE? Is he still an icon there? Does he still garner irrational support?

If the they sign Flutie, and Brady has a game like he did in the opener in Buffalo, would there be a faction in the area calling for Flutie to get some snaps?

What the general feeling about Flutie in NE?  Is he still an icon there?  Does he still garner irrational support?

If the they sign Flutie, and Brady has a game like he did in the opener in Buffalo, would there be a faction in the area calling for Flutie to get some snaps?

17167[/snapback]

It's probably 60/40 pro-AFM, but there isn't any chance that a "Start Flutie Now!" movement would happen. :P

It's probably 60/40 pro-AFM, but there isn't any chance that a "Start Flutie Now!" movement would happen.  :P

17187[/snapback]

If the price is right, NE should sign him, IMO. Flutie is a snot, but he's a crafty snot. Davey is pretty much baffled. But I wouldn't cut him.

BTW, Watson is beginning to remind me a bit of former Jet TE Richard Caster.

It's probably 60/40 pro-AFM, but there isn't any chance that a "Start Flutie Now!" movement would happen.  :P

17187[/snapback]

Never say never. The pro-Flutie crusade was more powerful than the anti-Drew one ever was.

All's it takes is 10-20 delusional Flutie flakes to drop you into the bizarro world.

You guys better hope that Belichick saw something that he liked in Davey's performance this pre-season, and avoids this thing like the plague.

It would suck for you guys if you had to defend your two time SB MVP QB from some CFL fanatic nutjob, who thinks that it's only fair that Flutie gets the opportunity to lead a team to the SB. We would enjoy it though! :D

Bellicek is going to sign the midget after he already showed the rest of the league how to shut him down beginning in 1998?  I don't buy it.

17232[/snapback]

Well, opening day is a week away. Davey is not ready, it seems. They cut Jim Miller recently (still injured? - dunno). NE is going to need someone soon to back up Brady.

I'm waiting for someone to start a "trade Shane Matthews for Ty Law thread"... :P

Well, opening day is a week away. Davey is not ready, it seems. They cut Jim Miller recently (still injured? - dunno).  NE is going to need someone soon to back up Brady.

I'm waiting for someone to start a "trade Shane Matthews for Ty Law thread"... :P

17244[/snapback]

I have no evidence to support this (and it hasn't been in the local papers that I've seen), but there may be a nod& wink agreement with Miller that they'll re-sign him as soon as he's healthy, supposedly ~week 4.

They did the same thing with Larry Centers last year, so that's my thinking there. The Pats should also be in the market for a backup RB (maybe Antowain II if TEN cuts him?).

I have no evidence to support this (and it hasn't been in the local papers that I've seen), but there may be a nod& wink agreement with Miller that they'll re-sign him as soon as he's healthy, supposedly ~week 4. 

They did the same thing with Larry Centers last year, so that's my thinking there.  The Pats should also be in the market for a backup RB (maybe Antowain II if TEN cuts him?).

17263[/snapback]

That would work re Miller.

Didn't know NE was looking for a RB.

If the B'gal's cut him (very doubtful), Kenny Watson could be a nice back-up.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235389