Funny & Sad convo about Watkins w/brother

L.EvansHands

Can't really argue with either of those statements. But my initial point is more about Sammy not being a whiff or a "folly" because it is not like our first round picks have yielded franchise stalwarts in any case. In some cases we had two 1st round draft picks to get the one "good player" we did get, such as McCargo and Whitner (Whitner being the chicken dinner) and Maybin and Wood. I could even make an argument that we do better in the second round for whatever reason. Since 2007 we grabbed:

Poz

Byrd, Levitre

Aaron Williams

Cordy Glenn

Robert Woods, Kiko Alonso

In the second round when we have two chances we hit better than when we had two chances in the first round. Not sure what that means if anything but it is interesting.

yeah the bills drafts have not been that bad at all as of late. Imagine if they would've taken gronkowski and russell wilson, which were the conventional wisdom picks at the time. And no, i have no issue with the sammy watkins pick. Would i trade him for mike evans right now straight up? Probably. But hindsight is 20/20, i loved it at the time, watkins is gonna be great and we weren't gonna get our franchise guy at 15 or wherever we pick this year anyway.

yeah the bills drafts have not been that bad at all as of late. Imagine if they would've taken gronkowski and russell wilson, which were the conventional wisdom picks at the time. And no, i have no issue with the sammy watkins pick. Would i trade him for mike evans right now straight up? Probably. But hindsight is 20/20, i loved it at the time, watkins is gonna be great and we weren't gonna get our franchise guy at 15 or wherever we pick this year anyway.

100% with you on that. Gronk hurts so much because he was a backyard kid. Who knows maybe Evans already peaked and in three years we will be happy with Watkins 3rd 1200 yard receiving year...(knock on wood).