Fox to screw with the camera angles

stevestojan

When I first saw ESPN's Sky Cam I knew instantly they took that idea from the XFL. I'm wondering if they'll ever try the on-field camerman like they had also.

225923[/snapback]

The XFL even had an onfield interviewer... too funny.

I remember his going up to Rod Smart and asking "Why does it say He Hate Me on your jersey?" ... Smart points at the opposing team and said "You see him? He Hate Me. You see him? He hate me! You see HIM? He hate me!"

Ahhh, the XFL. . ..

I don't think anything as expensive to install as the turf cam will be widely installed next season. Think of it as the Matrix-esque instant replay camera angle they had for the 2001 Super Bowl; where they could take a replay and pause it, then twist it around and look at it from a different angle. That didn't see any big use outside of that game.

225795[/snapback]

That may be true, but all of this is the inevitable progression of angles and screen shots that in the future we will be able to choose from in real time or replay. DVRs, HDTV and digital options have shown us what will be available as a compilation in the near future.

I'm looking forward to the ability to watch a game on TV with a full football field view, with options of different angles and replay. I am certain I can produce a better program for ME than these "focus on the ball" producers.

That may be true, but all of this is the inevitable progression of angles and screen shots that in the future we will be able to choose from in real time or replay. DVRs, HDTV and digital options have shown us what will be available as a compilation in the near future.

I'm looking forward to the ability to watch a game on TV with a full football field view, with options of different angles and replay. I am certain I can produce a better program for ME than these "focus on the ball" producers.

225994[/snapback]

Now that I will look forward to!

The XFL even had an onfield interviewer... too funny.

I remember his going up to Rod Smart and asking "Why does it say He Hate Me on your jersey?" ... Smart points at the opposing team and said "You see him? He Hate Me. You see him? He hate me! You see HIM? He hate me!"

Ahhh, the XFL. . ..

225962[/snapback]

It definitely had my attention and interest in the beginning. My only real issue at first was the fact that they had wrestling announcers calling the games. Vinny Mac could have probably found four guys off this board who would have been thrilled to do it, and who probably would have done a much better job.

I felt he needed to completely distinguish the XFL from the WWE, and he failed in that regard. But in the beginning....I was watching

225994[/snapback]

Good lord that would be great.

Skycam has brought a lot to the table in itself. I was watching the X-games yesterday and they had it on during the snowmobile races. It gives a MUCH better view of the jumps and great replays.

I felt he needed to completely distinguish the XFL from the WWE, and he failed in that regard. But in the beginning....I was watching

226003[/snapback]

The only thing that actually intrigued me about the XFL at the time were some of the rule changes, which I liked. No extra points was a novel approach, as was the opening sprint in lieu of a coin toss.

Too bad everything else, from the team names to the players to the presentation to the hokey forced story lines, sucked hardcore.

The only thing that actually intrigued me about the XFL at the time were some of the rule changes, which I liked. No extra points was a novel approach, as was the opening sprint in lieu of a coin toss.

Too bad everything else, from the team names to the players to the presentation to the hokey forced story lines, sucked hardcore.

226011[/snapback]

I forgot about the sprint for the ball to start the game........that was pretty cool.