Talk about my team, expensive league

Wooderson

Here's my draft for a 10 team standard league. $250/team. Drafted #3 overall. I think I did well, got value when it was there. We have a limit on waiver wire moves (6/year) so we do a ton of bench guys.

QB Cam Newton

QB RGIII

RB Peterson

RB Stacy

RB Ridley

RB P Thomas

RB Ingram

RB D Williams

RB A Williams

WR Green

WR Cruz

WR Mi Floyd

WR Decker

WR Baldwin

WR Shorts

TE Gronkowski

TE Bennett

K Prater

K Gould

DEF St Louis

DEF Kansas City

Pretty solid starting lineup as you'd expect in a 10 team league; obviously some risk with Newton relative to the top QBs but he could easily out-produce the tampered down forecasts.

Ridley is a question mark -- good until he loses his first fumble and goes back to the bench. Keep your eye on Khiry Robinson since you're invested in the NO backfield too.

How do I get in this league? There's no way you should have the six bolded RB/WRs plus Gronk in a snake draft. Green falling to 18th? overall is pretty hilarious on its own.

Should be a sick team if they stay healthy but not in love with the depth (I don't hate Ridley for how late he's going).

Platooning Cam/RG3 weekly could get to be a headache. I probably would've gone for some stronger RB depth with the Cam pick and gone with Rivers or someone later to pair with RG3 instead. I don't agree with the narrative that Cam's WR's "can't be worse than last year" - watch them - but that's just me.

How do I get in this league? There's no way you should have the six bolded RB/WRs plus Gronk in a snake draft. Green falling to 18th? overall is pretty hilarious on its own.

Should be a sick team if they stay healthy but not in love with the depth (I don't hate Ridley for how late he's going).

Platooning Cam/RG3 weekly could get to be a headache. I probably would've gone for some stronger RB depth with the Cam pick and gone with Rivers or someone later to pair with RG3 instead. I don't agree with the narrative that Cam's WR's "can't be worse than last year" - watch them - but that's just me.

Yeah I was ecstatic to get Green there. 3 QBs went in the top 16 so that opened up some room for WRs to fall. Gronk in the 3rd was a steal in my opinion as well. I've never been huge on Cam, but looking at his stats, he's been a top 5 QB every year hes been in the league so I'm kinda hoping that trend continues, we'll see. Rivers, Brady, and Matty Ice all went before RG3 who I was really happy to get as late as I did.

Also got DeAngelo Williams in the 20th round somehow. He's not going to make or break a team, but getting a starting RB for a playoff team from last year in the 20th round is a steal IMO.

I really LOVE Michael Floyd this year too.

Thanks for your thoughts!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.