Speaking of the TSW archive Colts/Bolts almos tied

For a few weeks when I tune into TSW I am greeted by a now familar post which sits in the TSW archive from the distant past asking if the Colts and Bolts can tie. Well the answer is no as they almost finished the same in the "real" life of the NFL with the Colts winning but one playoff game this season against the hapless Broncs and the Bolts coming close but no cigar as they got edged out in OT by NYJ.

Yet, the funny thing to me about this is that when you go back to the key decisions which defined these teams that being the selection of stud QB Peyton Manning over bust Ryan Leaf, the two teams are in about the same position today in the measure which counts most playoff victories delivered to the team.

It says something ironic about pro football that Manning could be such a better performer than Leaf, but yet the difference between the two in terms of delivery of achievements to the two teams are about the same with Manning finally lurching ahead of Leaf last year in career playoff wins recorded, and the two producing exactly the same results in terms of SBs won or even appeaered in.

I guess Manning, Leaf and the insurance adjusters can all get together in 10 days or so and watch the game on TV. You could have drafted any of them and the final result would be the same.