WR's 1999 vs 2010 vs 2014

i was seeing a pic of Reed and remembered how in his last year how loaded at WR we were. With Reed as a #2 and Moulds as the 1, we had a great 3 in Kevin williams, and our fourth was none other than the emerging peerless price. How great it was to have 4 great players! When Reed left we still had talent on the team and peerless eventually fetched us a #1 pick when he left to boot.

Contrast this to the crap that was left behind when Lee evans was unfairly dumped. We had SJ and that was it.

Nice... we were forced to overpay a 7th rounder since we had no one else around. He was the fastest of a slow group of nobodies. Compare that to today when we have another Group of 4 highly talented players and I now know why Im so giddy for 2014, we havent had a group like this in 15 years!!!! reminds me of something else missing for that much time....hmmmmm?

1999 -------------------------------------------- 2010

Moulds (3x all-pro) -------------------------------SJ (no pro bowls but 2010 Vizio Top Value Performer) yippie!

Reed (Hof) ------------------------------------- David Nelson (slow)

Kevin Williams (sure handed) -----------------Donald Jones (couldnt catch)

Peerless price (clutch,fast) ---------------------Brad Smith (not a WR)

1999 ----------------------------------- 2014

Moulds ---------------------------------Watkins

Reed ----------------------------------Williams

Kevin Williams ---------------------- Goodwin

Peerless price ---------------------- Woods

Edited by enlightener

why did you delete the other thread you had to post the same exact thing? I responded in that thread and now all of my original amazing thoughts are gone forever and no one can ever see how brilliant I was. :unsure:

why did you delete the other thread you had to post the same exact thing? I responded in that thread and now all of my original amazing thoughts are gone forever and no one can ever see how brilliant I was. :unsure:

Here you go....

I really hate doing this, it is the offseason but...

1999 ----------------------------------- 2014

Moulds ---------------------------------Rookie

Reed ----------------------------------Wildcard

Kevin Williams ---------------------- Injury prone

Peerless price ---------------------- 2nd year player

In the mind it makes your mouth water.

On paper it makes you optomistic

In reality it is speculation at best.

Besides, With Moulds, Reed, and Price; David Nelson would have been a key asset. A big 4th WR for empty backfield situations, or running without a TE. Because, well, we did not really have a TE then, either.

????

i really liked nelson actually, and youre right, but price was a first year guy woods is second year and already pretty good, williams isnt such a wild card, as on paper he has production, and to call watkins just a rookie is like calling calvin johnson or aj green just a rookie there first year

hindsight = calvin johnson and aj green

there were other WR's drafted just as early that had just as much hype that went James Hardy.

calvin = hardy ??? cmon. they were known studs like watkins

(The original thread was put in Off the Wall)

Edited by Dibs

I just remember seeing Price walking around Galleria mall wearing HIS OWN JERSEY with some stupid looking homie also wearing a Price jersey. I knew at that point he would not be what we needed... It was seriously stupid looking

I just remember seeing Price walking around Galleria mall wearing HIS OWN JERSEY with some stupid looking homie also wearing a Price jersey. I knew at that point he would not be what we needed... It was seriously stupid looking

maybe he was doing laundry.