Bring in Bush!

You can't look at strictly sacks and YPC to grade a line. It also depends on who the the QB and who is the RB. A veteran QB is probably better at sensing pressure and getting rid of the ball than ours, for example. I know the Chicago O-Line was far better this year than it was the previous two, but I also know that Bush was more limited this year because of Forte's stellar play and better health.

You can't look strictly at anything, but I also look at history. Shall we just look at the progression of his YPC starting with his best season in the NFL?

2009 - 4.8 YPC. Good year. Looked promising.

2010 - 4.1 YPC. More opportunities translated to lower numbers.

2011 - 3.8 YPC. More carries again translated to lower numbers.

2012 - 3.6 YPC. Less carries in his first season with Chicago, but yet again LOWER.

2013 - 3.1 YPC. The year of your excuse for poor performance.

Steady decline over the course of 5 years. Frank Summers was better last year than Bush has been since 2010. Why anyone would advocate failed/broken down players is beyond me. The old statistics analogy applies. If you put garbage in, you're going to get garbage out.

@ChandlerBing - I like the idea of getting someone later in the draft. I would much rather see this team go youth and build something in lieu of adding aging/failing veterans like Bush.

It may be alright to bring him in for a look but i am more interested to see what the kid from Arkansas that was pulled up at the end of last year has to offer . We already know this guys history & at one time i was high on him but he hasn't showed a lot since entering the NFL .

I like the stable of backs that we have but it can never hurt to look ! I just wish we would use our FB Summers more like they did when Sam Gash was here what a great FB !

What is the kids name from AR. ??