Anybody here have an HTC One?

I do, and I wouldn't recommend it as a phone. It has great specs, and is a very good little computer, but it lags on the phone part of the smartphone. My biggest complaint is that it has a hard time picking up a network signal even with 4 bars, LTE etc showing. Very frustrating to see my wife on her two-generation old iPhone surfing away, while I'm stuck waiting for an open channel.

I have one, 3g is the same as my old evo. 4g is a little better but I think it has more to do with the Sprint network. The last update fixed the only complaint I had. Bluetooth did not play well with my Toyota fj when streaming (fine for phone calls) for some reason, now it works like a champ.

I do, and I wouldn't recommend it as a phone. It has great specs, and is a very good little computer, but it lags on the phone part of the smartphone. My biggest complaint is that it has a hard time picking up a network signal even with 4 bars, LTE etc showing. Very frustrating to see my wife on her two-generation old iPhone surfing away, while I'm stuck waiting for an open channel.

And you have the same carrier? Something to do w/ settings? That's weird. I've heard nothing but good things about it; although it is just about a year old already.

I'd probably go with a Nexus5, MotoX, or LG2 if I had to get a phone now.

And you have the same carrier? Something to do w/ settings? That's weird. I've heard nothing but good things about it; although it is just about a year old already.

I'd probably go with a Nexus5, MotoX, or LG2 if I had to get a phone now.

Same carrier, standing side by side. Gets worse reception than my old Samsung.

My Droid Razr Maxx just bit the bullet and I'm considering the One to replace it. All the reviews I've read have been effusive in their praise, but do any of you have any real world experience with the HTC One? any input would be appreciated.

I see you already pulled the trigger, but I love my One so much that I thought I'd offer an opinion...

I don't know of a consumer product that I would recommend more highly (maybe my google chromecast b/c it's so cheap and easy to use). I'm on T-mobile and never have any issues with connectivity. I'm almost always on 4g LTE and the browsing speeds are excellent. As far as the phone itself, the thing is gorgeous and super durable. I refuse to put a case on it, have dropped it a bunch of times and it still looks new. The aluminum is not only what sets it apart in terms of looks, but contributes to the phones durability. I wouldn't test it on tile or concrete, but it has survived my hardwood floor. The phone feels great in the hand. It's slightly curved back makes it feel ergonomical and sturdy. There is something about the weight distribution that I like. It just feels right. This may sound like a small thing, but the One never slides around when I set it down.

As far as blinkfeed, I don't even know it's there. I can't remember as I bought the phone last April, but is it set as the default home screen? If it is, I must have changed the default. I only see blinkfeed when I scroll all the way to the left.

I only have three negatives. 1.) the camera is great in some aspects and only ok in others. It is rated highly in low light, but I completely disagree. The camera software is amazing, in particular the highlight creator which is awesome in concept and execution, but I've only had occasion to use it a handful of times. 2.) It doesn't work well with the bluetooth in my car. I had the entire bluetooth module and Mic in my car replaced and it only provided a slight improvement. I rented a car recently and it sounded fine. For reasons no one can explain (HTC, T-mobile, my car dealer) it sounds awful in my car. 3.) While I was on vacation, T-mobile didn't have 4g LTE and the data connection was unusable, but I'll chalk that up to the carrier's lack of network in the area. At home, it's more than fine.

It's too bad no one at HTC knows anything about marketing or the One would have been a game changer. I've used the Iphone 5s, the Galaxy S IV and while they are both more than capable neither compares to the One.