Things I'm thinking while waiting for the SB

With such a large number of underclassmen in May's draft, players that in previous years might be 6th or 7th round selections, will be undrafted free agents this year. Last year Buffalo signed a number of good undrafteds. This year's undrafted class should be even better. I hope Whaley is up for it.

The players in the Senior Bowl this year were, it's said, not as good a group as last years players. Is it time to invite underclassmen?

There were some excellent Senior Bowl players this year however. Dee Ford, Auburn DE, was named MVP. Is he as good or better than Barr an a OLB? Has he moved himself into the top ten. How about Aaron Donald, the Pitt DT, who might be an excellent 3/4 DE for a D like Buffalo's.

The best TE in Mobile is said to be C.J. Fiedorowicz a throwback style player. Fiedorowicz might be there for us in the 3rd.

T/G Zack Martin is said to have been the best O-lineman. I was thinking of him as an early 2nd rounder Buffalo might grab. Some now think he a top 20 selection. Unless the Bills can trade down and get extra picks, Martin is not likely to be selected by Buffalo since he is not good enough for top 10 and too good to get out of the 1st Rd.

Richard Sherman's agent says that his client has become so popular as a result of his TV rant that he may be in line for indorsements worth $5,000,000. If true, how many more stars will start yelling at you through your TV?

Richard Sherman's agent says that his client has become so popular as a result of his TV rant that he may be in line for indorsements worth $5,000,000. If true, how many more stars will start yelling at you through your TV?

More WWF-ness seeems inevitable

I do think adding an every down DE is a need for this team but obviously not the biggest need

The Bills did not play many 3 man fronts last year and will prob play even less with Swartz running the defense now so I don't think a 3-4 DE is a fit

I was actually hoping the Bills would switch to more of a 3-4 though just to get Hughes on the field more

Edited by Max997

With such a large number of underclassmen in May's draft, players that in previous years might be 6th or 7th round selections, will be undrafted free agents this year. Last year Buffalo signed a number of good undrafteds. This year's undrafted class should be even better. I hope Whaley is up for it.

The players in the Senior Bowl this year were, it's said, not as good a group as last years players. Is it time to invite underclassmen?

There were some excellent Senior Bowl players this year however. Dee Ford, Auburn DE, was named MVP. Is he as good or better than Barr an a OLB? Has he moved himself into the top ten. How about Aaron Donald, the Pitt DT, who might be an excellent 3/4 DE for a D like Buffalo's.

The best TE in Mobile is said to be C.J. Fiedorowicz a throwback style player. Fiedorowicz might be there for us in the 3rd.

T/G Zack Martin is said to have been the best O-lineman. I was thinking of him as an early 2nd rounder Buffalo might grab. Some now think he a top 20 selection. Unless the Bills can trade down and get extra picks, Martin is not likely to be selected by Buffalo since he is not good enough for top 10 and too good to get out of the 1st Rd.

Here's my take:

I have no doubt that Whaley is ready to pounce on any UDFAs, just as he did last year

No underclassmen at the Senior Bowl; they can make their case on tape and at the combine and individual workouts

Ford is probably a top 40 pick, unlikely a top 10. Donald, on other hand, probably played himself into the top 25.

Fiedoriwicz could be a 3rd rd option; latest he'd go is the 4th.

Martin is a near lock to be a 1st rd pik; guessing in the 20-30 range

Richard Sherman strikes me as a jerk

Here's my take:

I have no doubt that Whaley is ready to pounce on any UDFAs, just as he did last year

No underclassmen at the Senior Bowl; they can make their case on tape and at the combine and individual workouts

Ford is probably a top 40 pick, unlikely a top 10. Martin is a near lock to be a 1st rd pik; guessing in the 20-30 range

#1. Hope you're right.

#2. They could change the name to Numero Uno College All Star Game. I'd love to see more of the best prospects perform in practice like Senior Bowl prospects do. I'm certain pro scouts feel the same. For example; I really liked Baylor G Cyril Richardson before this game. Not so much now. Completely unaware of Wisconsin LB Chris Borland before this game. Morgan Moses, Virginia OT, might be a 3rd/4th rounder that could help Buffalo at RT.

#3. Ford looks like Von Miller did in his Senior Bowl and there are teams that have pass rusher at the top of their wish list. I think he's a sure fire 1st. rounder and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes in the top half of that round.