Key to success of free agents coming in

jahbonas

Have good play on the lines and decent coaching. Which is why I am in big favor of addressing the offensive line and possibly add a NT in the draft.

Its no secret why the Patriots seem to cut guys who do nothing elsewhere but then pickup has beens in free agency who flourish.

Get the lines going and all my WR get an extra second or two to get open (often the difference between journeyman numbers and all pro numbers), watch my RB's go from 3.3 yrd/carry to 5.3 and on and on - especially when you are trying to win with a developing young QB. Pass protection and a consistent running threat are the best tools we can ever hope to provide EJ - not a 6;5 James Hardy type who even if open does no good because your QB is scrambling in the pocket because a Wilfork or a Wilkerson have just drop kicked Legursky into the back field.

Dedicate 2 picks in rounds 1-3 to the off line and all will majically be fine - I can even allow for #9 overall to be spent as wished if Whaley then drafts OT/OG in rd2 and in rd 3.

Going "all in" on one particular group / skill set is not a healthy way to approach the Draft, IMO...I completely agree with Drafting an Offensive Lineman, in addition to adding one via FA, but LB and yes, WR is a pretty important need. And another really good LB, such as a 1st round talent, would benefit this Defense and hopefully the Run D for a while, if he pans out. A big play WR is needed on the outside also, can't ignore that.

Being that Marrone just said he believes they have some young linemen that need to develop i doubt we will be spending 2 high round picks on the offensive line. Stranger things have happened tho. I'd like to see Doug's time as an offensive linemen payoff for us in the long run through him developing one of the players we currently have on the roster.