Offensive regression with more talent and no Chan

Again, Gaileys offense was bad his first year in Buffalo. In fact Hacketts offense put up better numbers with a rookie QB and inexperienced WRs in his first year than Gailey. It's not so disturbing at all, I think you could consider that stat encouraging.

It wasn't as simple as the offense was just bad in 2010.

It was more that Buddy Nix screwed the pooch in free agency by stating he was getting some sleep as it opened. Then when he did wake up he must have been drowsy to sign RT Cornell Green to a 2 mill per contract. Demetress Bell was at LT. Hangartner at center suffered back problems. Mansfield Wrotto at RT once Green fell on his face. Then, lets not forget giving Trent Edwards all the reps in pre season only to cut him after two regular season games hurt all the other backups at QB.

Wanna blame Edwards for playing so poorly, that's fine. But then Fitz was literally running for his life over the next 6 games to start that season 0-8.

Finally, with Buddy Nix fully awake now after owner Ralph Wilson gave him a swift kick in his good ole boy arse. Nix manages to pick up Erik Pears & Kraig Urbik off the waiver wire to give that O line and Fitz a chance to finish the season.

Funny thing is, I have more faith in EJ making it then I do for Marrone and his choice for assistant coaches making it.

Edited by FeartheLosing

All im asking is for you to ask yourself afew questions...

1. Do you consider EJ (or Thad) to be better than FITZ?

2. Do you consider SJ, TJ-year 2, woods and goodwin to be better than SJ, TJ-rookie, don jones and dave nelson?

3. Do you believe that our offense kept us in the games we were in last year, while our defense kept us in the games we were in this year?

take a look at the stats...its kind of disturbing.

I already consider Thad better than Fitz

Woods is already better than Nelson. Goodwin is a good player but better than Nelson?. I still wish the Bills should have keep Nelson.

Since the Bills didnt want to hit that "Blount" the last game I dont think outside of pass rushing has improved against the run all that much.

All im asking is for you to ask yourself afew questions...

1. Do you consider EJ (or Thad) to be better than FITZ?

2. Do you consider SJ, TJ-year 2, woods and goodwin to be better than SJ, TJ-rookie, don jones and dave nelson?

3. Do you believe that our offense kept us in the games we were in last year, while our defense kept us in the games we were in this year?

take a look at the stats...its kind of disturbing.

1. EJ was a rookie. Fitz' last season with the Bills was his 8th year in the league.

2. Woods and Goodwin were rookies. In their last season with the Bills Donald Jones and David Nelson were both 3rd year players.

3. This is kind of obvious.

Have you considered that besides what's been mentioned above that:

4. The offensive line ultimately regressed and

5. The entire offense was running a new offense as opposed to being in the 3rd year of Chan Gailey's offense?

More talent? More potential for sure. Also more inexperience at positions which are unkind to callow youth.

No Chan? That's a wash at best. Chan was a good offensive mind.

A much better comparison would be this year's team and the 2010 Bills when Gailey was in his first year.

1. EJ was a rookie. Fitz' last season with the Bills was his 8th year in the league.

2. Woods and Goodwin were rookies. In their last season with the Bills Donald Jones and David Nelson were both 3rd year players.

3. This is kind of obvious.

Have you considered that besides what's been mentioned above that:

4. The offensive line ultimately regressed and

5. The entire offense was running a new offense as opposed to being in the 3rd year of Chan Gailey's offense?

More talent? More potential for sure. Also more inexperience at positions which are unkind to callow youth.

No Chan? That's a wash at best. Chan was a good offensive mind.

A much better comparison would be this year's team and the 2010 Bills when Gailey was in his first year.

Thank you for posting, I'm grateful for posters like you. Rationality escapes so many around these parts.

The two are not mutually exclusive. In fact I agree with you in general as I believe the former is a direct result of the latter.

interesting take : )

I did see some progress on the field on offense but it seemed a lot of it was work arounds for weak points .

Correct some of those and open up that playbook Doug!