[closed]I apologize for being delusional

KikO M G

I admit it. I thought this year was different. I thought that this team was about to turn the corner and be a contender next year or the year after. I thought this team was markedly better than the last few years but that it just wasn't showing up in their record yet because of injuries or inexperience or an unfair schedule or just plain old bad luck, etc.

But now as I look back on the 12 games played I realize it's the same thing it always is. A few good wins splashed in with many more losses. Several "almost pulled that one out" and a few "every team has a few games like this".

But the net result of all of that is the Bills are a bad football team. The locker room is teeming with losers like Stevie Johnson and Scott Chandler who don't have a clutch bone in their bodies. And losers play loser football. That's just what the Bills are doing yet again this year.

I don't see where the improvement can come from. They were healthy yesterday and playing a terrible team. They actually played a decent game! And still lost. Losers lose. Maybe it's just that simple and we were delusional to make it more complex than that, to fool ourselves into thinking that things were just about to change. Any day now...

They clearly need to overhaul the whole roster. 1 or 2 pieces isn't the difference between a loser and a winner, unless those pieces are HC or QB. And i don't think those pieces should change next year. But they won't overhaul anything. They will slightly tinker with failure yet again and the result will predictably be more failure. Getting almost boring. It's more fun to be delusional but I just can't lie to myself anymore.