Dear Toronto, Welcome to the world of the Bungling Bills.....

Well, there you have it, a team that got you excited a little, you bought in (even a little), and now you've had your seat pulled out from under you, your hopes dashed, or as in our case, your heart ripped out again.

Do not fret, there is a mysterious reward awaiting all of us true fans somewhere... is it over the rainbow?? or on the other side of The Falls...?

Knock 'em dead out of the box, play a tight game, inexplicably fold at the end... trust me, it is simply an exercise in character building for all of us.

Do you remember the cover of the Fleetwood Mac "Bare Trees" album? Gray, gray skies, barren landscape with a few interestingly-intertwined BARE TREES!!

Somehow it was inspiring, perhaps due to the catchy tunes, but the album cover was seminal, at least for me. It stands for why it doesn't always have to be sunny and warm for us, why bad results are simply a learning experience, why we all pull together no matter the odds or the previous results.

Are we just a band of idiots? Perhaps, but we revel in the adversity, we continually find the silver lining, and we always look to the the next (even minute) good thing, for that is what it means to be a Bills fan... and days like today just drive the point home.

Certainly, absolutely, without a doubt there will be seasons to come when our boys don't leave us hanging like today.... we're absolutely positively sure of it.

Someday...

(This, of course, is the "glass half full" version"; catch me later when I'm hurling glasses and expletives out into the yard for the 'reality show')