What Travis Henry actually said

that said, the third round has been a black hole for the bills since forever. going back to 1984, the only really productive players they've landed in the 3rd round have been jennings, glenn parker, and frank reich (1985). ....

maybe they should demand a 4th rounder instead of a third rounder - they've had some success in that round (andre reed, terrence mcgee, ken irvin (entering his 11th year!). in all seriousness, though, that's been a pretty unproductive round as well - about 4 really solid picks, and 16 weak nonentities.  hell, maybe the draft is overrated ...

210099[/snapback]

A big part of this is the two day split of the draft. It's easy to see teams getting antsy to pick value at the end of the first day, where the auction mentality would scramble logic. Having a day to rethink the picks and reevaulate the remaining players tends to lead to better draft judgements in Rd 4.

I also agree with the ???? of brady's posts of Henry not claiming that he's a top 5 back, or how he could come to a ridiculous assumption that the Bills could have had the "best of both worlds." I do not find it a mere coincidence that Bills resurgence started when Henry was demoted.

I almost laughed when I heard TH say that he was a top five back.

1. LaDanian Tomlinson

2. Priest Holmes

3. Shaun Alexander

4. Clinton Portis

5. Edgerrin James

6. Ahman Green

7. Jamal Lewis

8. Corey Dillon

9. Willis McGahee

10. Travis Henry?????????????????????

That's just off the top of my head. Don't cut my head off for missing someone... but look at that list. Can TH say that he is better than any ONE of those guys above him? When you figure in guys like Tiki Barber and Curtis Martin (who I say are still better than TH) I think that TH is hard pressed to even say that he is a top 10 back... what about the Rudi Johnson's and the Ruben Droughn's of the world... is TH even a top 15 back?

With that said, I hope that nobody in Miami reads this thread. I do hope that Miami thinks Henry is a miracle, their only answer, and give us far more than he is worth. Kind of like Atlanta did for Peerless. I love Peerless, but I'd give him up for what we got in return (McGahee) in a heart beat.