Pats will be forced to make cuts

Bear

It's been awhile since the Ty Law flames roared up.  :devil:

Fuel for the Fire

15784[/snapback]

Teams win championships, individual players seek the rewards the feel they deserve (and they do deserve their fair share of the pie though there ends up often being disputes about what fair means in terms of $) and the Team feels the cap ramifications and has to make painful decisions.

This all seems typical. The Bills profitted greatly last year because regardless of how judges the level of Milloy's play. he was a definite upgrade at SS over the play of Wire at SS. The Bills D results indicate that the outcomes were positive for our squad.

TD seems to have salted away a bit of cap room for these types of cap cuts and we sure have needs due to injuries and the desire to upgrade. Let's hope we get opportunities to improve the team again.

Teams win championships, individual players seek the rewards the feel they deserve (and they do deserve their fair share of the pie though there ends up often being disputes about what fair means in terms of $) and the Team feels the cap ramifications and has to make painful decisions.

This all seems typical.  The Bills profitted greatly last year because regardless of how judges the level of Milloy's play. he was a definite upgrade at SS over the play of Wire at SS.  The Bills D results indicate that the outcomes were positive for our squad.

TD seems to have salted away a bit of cap room for these types of cap cuts and we sure have needs due to injuries and the desire to upgrade.  Let's hope we get opportunities to improve the team again.

15802[/snapback]

I really don't care if he comes here or not. Certainly not like I cared about Milloy. But, IF it did play out like that, I think it would be the final piece of an absolutley outstanding Defense. (Not just Law, but any other good CB). Get Vincent back to FS where he will thrive, and have Law and Clements at CB. With our LB core/DT's/Schoeble and solid play at the other DE slot, I think we would be the toughest D in the league.

That said, I don't think he is cut...and even if he was I don't think he would come for the money we could pay him. I still like our D the way it is!

Law was PISSED this off season, but did a 180, and has said only good things since. i wouldnt be surprised to see him cut, cus 10 mil. for a corner is ALOT!!!!

but he is the reason they won the superbowl a few years ago. and a big part of there D. it would be music to my ears to see him cut, but they still get to cut 10 more players to get down to 53, so i dont think they will cut him.

im guessing this offseason his contract came up, and was probuibly pressured to resign, but since nothin happened........CUT HIM.. CUT HIM..CUT HIM lol :devil: we probubly couldnt sign him, but hell.... as long as hes not in our division ill be happy.

I want him in our division, in our defensive backfield with his ol buddy Lawyer (who you KNOW will be begging him to come to Buffalo) to try and stick it up the Pats ass twice a year.

15840[/snapback]

that sounds good, but you would have to give up Shobel, Jennings, and Williams to do it.... :devil::)

hes not going to go from 10 mil. a year, to 2 mil a year.

that sounds good, but you would have to give up Shobel, Jennings, and Williams to do it.... 

hes not going to go from 10 mil. a year, to 2 mil a year.

I'm pretty sure that Schobel is gone after this year. Big Pat, I think, will stay a Bill. Jennings wants to go to Atlanta, and probably will. Leaving LT as a major problem position for us in the future, especially with no #1.

But you what, at this point, lets worry about next year, next year. Lets put the best team on the field in 2004 and see what happens.

Ty Law's getting 10 mil this season??????? That can't be right. He's a great DB but that is outragous.

15879[/snapback]

His CAP number is $10 Mil.

His salary (i.e. the money he will actualy get in his pocket) is around $5.5 Mil.