Concerns heading into Season

Mopreme

I may be overreacting since this is only the preseason but I have some major concerns heading into the season:

The no huddle offense has to sustain drives and get first downs. The Bills defense wore down due to the inability of the offense to move the chains. They got crushed yesterday against 2nd and 3rd stringers in Washington.

The offensive play-calling is subpar and reminds me of the Jauron days, basic runs and checkdown passes. At least under Gailey, the offense was somewhat exciting to watch. With all of the speed in the WR group, there have to be more deep ball attempts and more creativity.

The quarterback situation is a mess. Kolb is done. They should have kept TJax who is doing well in the preseason. Now they have to rush and force Manual into the starting role which can be either great or a total disaster. I would have preferred to have him sit a bit and learn. Kolb was supposed to be an insurance policy but it looks like the policy is full of exclusions. Now against the Patriots we may have to watch an Undrafted Rookie or former busts (aka Leinart, Beck) face the Patriots at home. Not a good start to the sason.

Defense secondary was horrible yesterday and couldnt cover backups. They were open 7-11. Gilmore is over-rated in my opinion and has stone hands. Dropped an easy interception yesterday. The rest of the group looks lost out there.

Just my thoughts...

Edited by Mopreme

Run defense was and still is my biggest concern

I agree the offensive play calling has been very conservative so far even in the first two games. The calls on defense were a lot different yesterday though from the first two games