ESPN Insider ranks Bills 27th in talent under 25

ektin

Regardless of the rankings (which are subjective at best), I'm relatively happy with the Bills draft for the last 3 years. Let's face it, when they took Gilmore, everyone thought they should have selected Dre Kirkpatrick. Gilmore has been more productive than Morris Claiborne, and covers the #1 receiver on the field every single play. What's not to like about him? Dareus had 5.5 sacks again in his second year with the team, but suffered a tragic loss of a family member. I'm happy the guy could even suit up and be on the field. I would like to see more this year, but wouldn't call him a bust or a marginal talent. His numbers are not far off of Suh, who many would consider the best at the position. Glenn was a steal in the second round. Despite being a rookie and being picked so late, he started every game last season at LT. The Bills gave up some of the lowest sack numbers of any team. Searcy and Bradham aren't stars, but weren't expected to be based on being picked in the 4th round. They are starters though. With the first 4 picks in each of the last 3 years, they have 4 guys that look to be really good (Gilmore, Glenn, Dareus, Spiller) and another 3-4 that will likely be starters or see decent playing time (Bradham, Searcy, Williams, Carrington). I say 3-4, because I do think Williams could wash out.

Regardless of the rankings (which are subjective at best), I'm relatively happy with the Bills draft for the last 3 years. Let's face it, when they took Gilmore, everyone thought they should have selected Dre Kirkpatrick. Gilmore has been more productive than Morris Claiborne, and covers the #1 receiver on the field every single play. What's not to like about him? Dareus had 5.5 sacks again in his second year with the team, but suffered a tragic loss of a family member. I'm happy the guy could even suit up and be on the field. I would like to see more this year, but wouldn't call him a bust or a marginal talent. His numbers are not far off of Suh, who many would consider the best at the position. Glenn was a steal in the second round. Despite being a rookie and being picked so late, he started every game last season at LT. The Bills gave up some of the lowest sack numbers of any team. Searcy and Bradham aren't stars, but weren't expected to be based on being picked in the 4th round. They are starters though. With the first 4 picks in each of the last 3 years, they have 4 guys that look to be really good (Gilmore, Glenn, Dareus, Spiller) and another 3-4 that will likely be starters or see decent playing time (Bradham, Searcy, Williams, Carrington). I say 3-4, because I do think Williams could wash out.

I will agree that it is highly subjective, and these opinions in the grand scheme of things do not matter. Lets see how it shakes out on the field. Go Bills!!! :thumbsup: