Kevin Kolb different kind of QB competition.

br1ju

Except that Kolb said "I don't buy what's being sold I guess". This was his response to EJ being viewed as the long term answer..

As either a stopgap until EJ is ready, or as a veteran back-up, Kolb is a great acquisition for the Bills. But, there is absolutely no guarantee that EJ will cut it as a franchise QB. More than one pundit, pre-draft, questioned EJ's potential as a starter. One article I read posited that he was either a "late bloomer," or "not NFL caliber." This was the opinion of several analysts. I trust that Marrone, et al, saw the former when they tried him out. But, "late bloomer" may very well translate to "slow learner." We shall see.

Except that Kolb said "I don't buy what's being sold I guess". This was his response to EJ being viewed as the long term answer..

i interpreted that as kolb saying that he doesn't intend to sit back and just "take" the backup role. he firmly believes he has a shot to prove he should be the starting qb for the buffalo bills for as long as he is on the team. i like that attitude as long as he acknowledges that ej has the same beliefs and aspirations. it all sounds good to me, hopefully competition will breed success.