would you like Mike Vanderjagt as Bills Kicker

millbank

Vandy 87% for career primarly indoors

Lindell  76.2% for career primarly outdoors

Viniteri 82.1% for career primarly outdoors

I'll take Viniteri first and say Vandy and Lindell aren't much different.

202664[/snapback]

I'd rather have Vanderjagt than Lindell, but even if the Colts cut him,

he's gonna cost some $$$ to sign...

Might as well spend a little more & get Vinatieri if you can.

That is just plain silly.

202742[/snapback]

I've seen Mr. Vandy miss clutch kicks (week 1) as well as Rian. He kicks in a fair weather enviroment. Lindell kicked at Husky Stadium for the first part of his career and in Buffalo for the second part. Mid 70's for a percentage is darn good. In comparison...

Steve Christie while with Buffalo 78.2%

Scott Norwood while with Buffalo 72.2%

Rian Lindell is 78.8%

That tells you (like we need to be told) how good Viniteri is.

five years ago this would have been a resounding YES.  he is still a good kicker but he will probably only get worse over the next few years.  he is 35 years old and while 35 for a kicker is more like 30 for any other player, his best years are still probably behind him. 

i would take him in a heartbeat over lindell but i would rather take a shot on a younger up and comer whose best years are ahead of him.

202712[/snapback]

Kind of like the Chargers rookie(JETS WIN, JETS WIN)? No thanks, I'll take experience anytime.

Kind of like the Chargers rookie(JETS WIN, JETS WIN)?  No thanks, I'll take experience anytime.

202888[/snapback]

We're not bringing him in to play QB, he's a kicker and has but 1 job and that is to put his foot to the ball in a way that launches it through uprights.

The difference between kicking in college and the pros is minimal, in fact, sinc eNugent went to OSU, you KNOW he's kicked at least a handful of field goals that are approximately equal in terms of pressure to most of the toughest non-super bowl FGs that he'd kick in the NFL.

oh and yeah, EXPERIENCE, isn't that the one thing EDDIE ROBINSON was supposed to bring to the table.....point being: experience is overrated sometimes.

Not if Vanderjadt kicks like he did in '04- he missed 2 of his FGs from the 30s, 2 of his FGs from the 40s and his only attempt in the 50s. His net after return on KOs was more than 2 yards shy of Lindells, and on the average in much better conditions.