On Being Optimistic or Pessimistic...

Owen

Each of us has a choice... The fans right now are mostly pessimistic and they certainly have a right. They have seen for many years a lot of promises this time of the year that have failed from the front office. So why not continue ? On the other hand I have not seen so much optimism coming from the players as I have this year. They love the coaches... How our head coach Doug Marrone handled Branch and Lawson during OTAs was priceless. He suggested to them to stay home while their wives were having babies. That their heads would be with their wives and not on the field, if they stayed in Buffalo. He told them to take care of family affairs first, then come back to play hard. That was well received by both players and the rest of the team. The players come first... That's how to lead a team and get respect. I do not believe many other coaches would have done that. Personally I believe the team is a lot better off under coach Marrone. But it is going to be the play of the QBs that will get us in the playoffs... Let's hope they are good enough to get us there.

Good post. Put me down for the optimistic camp. IF....we have as good a D as I "think" we might this year; I think we can win 8...maybe even 10 games. And...I think it can be done with a conservative offensive game plan. We may have enough offensive weapons to keep defenses guessing this year. And...Kolb (who I have a feeling will start the season) will have the best season of his career...if he can stay healthy.

The whole deal has a different feel this year. I anticipate overall improvement which would be a breath of fresh air even if we miss the playoffs.

right now i get the feeling that most of the fans are optimistic. there is a newness surrounding this team and there is a lot of energy and excitement coming from within and outside of OBD. sure, there are those that are taking the ever-cautious "wait and see" approach and there are those that are annoyingly pessimistic and cynical just waiting for the team to struggle just to be able to say "i told you so". but overall, i am getting a very positive vibe about the team.

I am always optimistic what is the point of being a fan if you can't enjoy it.

During the season is different b.c things start playing out the way I didn't want them to but I cannot change that so I don't put worry in the off season about what happened last year. Especially when the whole system has now changed.

Edited by EJ3

Each of us has a choice... The fans right now are mostly pessimistic and they certainly have a right. They have seen for many years a lot of promises this time of the year that have failed from the front office. So why not continue ? On the other hand I have not seen so much optimism coming from the players as I have this year. They love the coaches... How our head coach Doug Marrone handled Branch and Lawson during OTAs was priceless. He suggested to them to stay home while their wives were having babies. That their heads would be with their wives and not on the field, if they stayed in Buffalo. He told them to take care of family affairs first, then come back to play hard. That was well received by both players and the rest of the team. The players come first... That's how to lead a team and get respect. I do not believe many other coaches would have done that. Personally I believe the team is a lot better off under coach Marrone. But it is going to be the play of the QBs that will get us in the playoffs... Let's hope they are good enough to get us there.

I'm just glad Travis Henry isn't still with us. He would never see the locker room, much less the field. :)