World Cup Hockey Canada - Slovakia

millbank

Canada leads Slovakia 3 - 0 in the second period with Thornton, Smythe and Gagne scoring...... Slovakia?

Interesting the difference in the two countries ,in Canada bars full of folks watching the games , in U.S seemingly very few interested at all.

I could just imagine the difference if there would be such a thing as football world cup, ( the helmet and pads kind not the short pants version) the wall would be full of threads and excitement....

Like they would know the difference?

15227[/snapback]

yep, the dairy ones are the moo moo;s that black with white spots and would look like soccer balls perhaps and Beef moo moo's are likely a brown red color and would look like nfl football...

oh yeah the games on Canada 5 - Slovakia 1 in the third

Edit: Final score Canada 5 Slovakia 1

Myself a bunch of guys from my hockey team went to a bar last night (Atlanta area) to watch the US vs Canada. Half the guys on my team are Canadian so we were pretty loud, talking smack back in forth. The bar softball team walks in midway through the 3rd and one guy changes the channel....blood was almost spilled. Ends up I knew a guy on their team and we calmed everyone down. Talking to the guy I knoew, none of them even knew there was a WC of Hockey and didn't even know the US fielded an international team.

I HATE the South.

Myself a bunch of guys from my hockey team went to a bar last night (Atlanta area) to watch the US vs Canada. Half the guys on my team are Canadian so we were pretty loud, talking smack back in forth. The bar softball team walks in midway through the 3rd and one guy changes the channel....blood was almost spilled. Ends up I knew a guy on their team and we calmed everyone down. Talking to the guy I knoew, none of them even knew there was a WC of Hockey and didn't even know the US fielded an international team.

I HATE the South.

15366[/snapback]

So how do you get along with each other , Canadians and Americans , just fine the smack is just friendly?

Canada leads Slovakia  3 - 0 in the second period with Thornton, Smythe and Gagne scoring...... Slovakia?

Interesting the difference in the two countries ,in Canada bars full of folks watching the games , in U.S seemingly very few interested at all.

I could just imagine the difference if there would be such a thing as football world cup, ( the helmet and pads kind not the short pants version) the wall would be full of threads and excitement....

15193[/snapback]

You should know that there is a football world cup! the first one took place last year in Sicily I think Mexico won it. I don't think there was any US team but there are a lot of national team competitions in football now, this summer the France national team won the European junior championships and the first team has won its ticket to the European championships winning its qualifying group last week end...

You should know that there is a football world cup! the first one took place last year in Sicily I think Mexico won it. I don't think there was any US team but there are a lot of national team competitions in football now, this summer the France national team won the European junior championships and the first team has won its ticket to the European championships winning its qualifying group last week end...

15404[/snapback]

I would like to see the French National team play a team of the very best nfl players perhaps one day soon then.......

I would like to see the French National team play a team of the very best nfl players perhaps one day soon then.......

15405[/snapback]

the european level is getting better each year, still light years from the NFL but the "nationals" in the NFLE are not just utility players anymore. in maybe 10-15 years i think the european national teams will be comparable to top NCAA teams.

So how do you get along with each other ,  Canadians and Americans , just fine the smack is just friendly?

15376[/snapback]

Just some friendly smack talk. We play on the same team, so we all get along. It's the damn Minnesotans that cause all the problems :devil:

Just some friendly smack talk. We play on the same team, so we all get along. It's the damn Minnesotans that cause all the problems  :devil:

15657[/snapback]

I try my best, thank you for noticing. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

CW