My Bills Mock - no Nassib

Brainiac21

Ok, I know we probably don't really need a new thread on everyone's predictions, but I wanted to get in on the fun. ok, i probably should have built up to that and not give it away at the top, but whatever. here's the deal. they knew everything they needed to know about Nassib, and probablly knew they could get him. yet they still talked from the beginning like the QB class was flawed and they may not take one at 8. we forgot. then they signed Kolb and people said it again... we forgot again... we brought in 9 other QB's, some of which had no chance of going at 8. why bother, if we knew we wanted Nassib? or Nassib or Smith? answer that fits best is they simply aren't in love with Nassib.

without further adieu....

TRADE: 8 and 41 for Rams 16 and 22 and 184 (6th)

1 (16) . QB Matt Barkley (USC) - Maybe still Nassib. But if they like Nassib more, why go to such lengths to talk about this guy? And noted more than once how much time they spent with him. Marrone likes him and may want to work with someone new. I almost wanted to project a CB here, and may still happen, but Buddy probably wants to say he got a top QB before they push him out the door. Could be a 2 horse race, maybe 3 with Geno (really quiet on that front, no idea Bills' opinion). And I'm assuming OLB Dion Jordan and the OT's are gone...

Other Possibilities: QB Ryan Nassib, QB Geno Smith, CB DJ Hayden, CB Jamar Taylor, CB Dee Milliner

1 (22). CB DJ Hayden (Houston) - If they don't go QB in first then they do here. To make sure I get one right I should project one again but I won't cheat. Got the skills, intangibles, everything, but will he here? There are a couple other solid CB's and WR's too.. Most won't be around, but hopefully one of them will. Due to his major injury, I'll pick this guy.

Other Possibilities: WR Justin Hunter, CB Jamar Taylor, QB Tyler Wilson

Bonus Pick: TE Zach Ertz (Stanford) This doesn't fit with that particular trade but if they went down a few to pick up an extra 2nd? This will enable them to address TE, or at least make sure they get their choice at these other spots. This guy models his game after old 49'ers guy Brent Jones... nothing wrong with that. And it really doesn't change any of my other picks.

Other Possibilities: ILB Kevin Minter (LSU)... IF the Bills don't sign Karlos Dansby.

3. WR Chris Harper (KSU) - Read some positive reports on TJ Graham yesterday, but this as long as they can wait for a big guy. Strong, fights for ball, with a big catch radius. At 6'1" and 229, almost ore of a H-back like Dickerson but with better hands and with TE possibly neglected, that may not be such a bad thing.

Other possibilities: WR Aaron Dobson (Marshall), CB Darius Slay

4. OLB/DE John Simon (Ohio St.) - Undersized DE is strong, can move, and seems like a better version of Ryan Moats (better competition). Versatile, maybe even inside. They need some pass-rushing options at least for depth.

Other Possibilities: TE Matt Furstenburg

5. S Cooper Taylor (Richmond)

6. What's the point? BPA and who knows.

So that's it. Order your jerseys now. Or not. I may change my mind tomorrow.

I like the trade scenario, but instead of Barkley I go Eifert at 16 (if he's still there but doubtful) or Patterson as Austin will not be there, IMO. At 22 we grab Nassib or their top QB on the board. In the third we grab the honey badger, after that who the hell knows. LOL

I like the trade scenario, but instead of Barkley I go Eifert at 16 (if he's still there but doubtful) or Patterson as Austin will not be there, IMO. At 22 we grab Nassib or their top QB on the board. In the third we grab the honey badger, after that who the hell knows. LOL

Yeah, the Rams trade would pretty much be for them getting Austin. Or Vaccaro. Whoever.

I like Eifert there too... but it's more what I think they might do, and the Bills and they looooovvve defensive backs.

Also I base a lot of this on the character traits Whaley said coaches wanted, and not sure Honey Badger fits that... Hayden and Taylor seem to though.

Why would the Rams make that trade when they have so many holes to fill? Who is at 8 that the Rams must have?

Rams GM love trading around it seems. And many think Austin won't be there at 16. Hey, not saying it's a lock, but they have ammo and extra picks.