Marcus Cooper - CB - Rutgers

Wondering if anyone has seen much of Marcus Cooper, the cornerback from Rutgers.

From what I've seen, he's a guy that flies a bit under the radar, as he doesn't have gaudy numbers. Most of that, from what little I've seen of him, has to do with being relatively unchallenged by opposing QBs.

He has outstanding measurables at 6'2.5" tall & 195 lbs, and clocked in the mid 4.4's in his 40's at the Rutgers pro day. He also showed impressive strength for a 195-pounder, logging 20 strength lifts. He was not invited to the combine.

Looking for more background from anyone that's seen him play more than 2 games.

Wondering if anyone has seen much of Marcus Cooper, the cornerback from Rutgers.

From what I've seen, he's a guy that flies a bit under the radar, as he doesn't have gaudy numbers. Most of that, from what little I've seen of him, has to do with being relatively unchallenged by opposing QBs.

He has outstanding measurables at 6'2.5" tall & 195 lbs, and clocked in the mid 4.4's in his 40's at the Rutgers pro day. He also showed impressive strength for a 195-pounder, logging 20 strength lifts. He was not invited to the combine.

Looking for more background from anyone that's seen him play more than 2 games.

You've been very disagreeable lately and I'm pretty much gonna ignore you from now on.

:nana:

Seriously, how does a guy like that, from a good program to boot, not get a combine invite?

You've been very disagreeable lately and I'm pretty much gonna ignore you from now on.

:nana:

Indeed...I blame the Valentine's day double-whammy...I think they're paying me back for not naming them "James" and "Kelly", since the 3 of them share a birthday.

Seriously, how does a guy like that, from a good program to boot, not get a combine invite?

No idea, but it happens. Last two non-combine invitees that I remember playing well on Sundays are Aaron Kampmann and Shawntae Spencer, but I'm sure there are others...

I looked it up, and it's not just the small schools; look at this list of combine rejects:

Wes Welker

Julian Edelman

Jay Ratliff

Osi Umenyiora

Derek Cox

Pierre Garcon

Tony Romo

Sebastian Vollmer

I guess it happens to some good players every year...inexplicably.