Travis Henry vs. Shaud Williams

You have GOT to be kidding me. Shaud Williams compared to Travis Henry? Now I've heard it all. Using your logic, we should try and see if Tim Tindale has any gas in the tank. After all, he shredded the Dolphins after they laid down and quit, much like Shaud did against the 49ers.

I've got no problems with Shaud, but to compare him to Travis Henry is crazy. Travis had more yards last season (and the season before) than Shaud will have in his entire career.

No comparison. Henry is a much better backup to McGahee than Williams. Henry has proven that he's a solid NFL RB. His average may not have been great, but Henry has never started a season strongly for the Bills. His average was actually pretty terrible for the 5 or 6 games last year before he ran all over every D he faced the second half of the year. He is an ideal backup who can easily post a 1,000 yard season as a starter if McGahee weren't available.

That's not to say I think Shaud Williams is a bad player. He's actually pretty good. But his role is as a change-of-pace RB at best, one who gets maybe 5 carries per game on average over a season. I don't think he can be effective in short yardage situations with any consistency at his size. He can't be a true backup to McGahee if that's the case.