The United States of America, Inc.

This post poses questions, not statements. This is a new conspiracy theory (or at least new to me) that I've been running across lately and figured I'd throw it out to PPP for discussion/enlightenment.

Nuts and bolts of the theory are as follows:

The United States of America is in fact a corporation and we as citizens are NOT governed by common law as we have been led to believe. Instead we are subject to the UCC (though I don't understand the enforcement mechanisms available to the UCC since they're not a governing body).

Each citizen is bonded at birth as evidenced by their birth certificate. The value of each citizen is placed at $10m and insured as such. The Corporation of America trades and borrows against its assets (the people), using the bonds as collateral.

"Evidence" presented includes 28 USC 3002 which states:

15) “United States” means—

(A) a Federal corporation;

(B) an agency, department, commission, board, or other entity of the United States;

© an instrumentality of the United States.

I'm fairly certain this is not enough to pass as congress creating a federal corporation, but I'm not a constitutional lawyer. Additional evidence is also presented in various forms, each one crazier than the next.

Is this a new theory or an old one that's been dusted off and trotted back out? I find it hard to believe, but I guess that's what makes it a conspiracy theory.

It's an old one that's been trotted out again and again.

Thanks. I've never heard of it before but it seems like I'm hearing it more and more (from people I don't take seriously naturally). Makes me wonder if it's gaining popularity again because it fits so neatly into the anti-corporate rhetoric that's in the leftist political zeitgeist. Though, conspiracy nuts tend to be predominately conservative/libertarian leaning folk so I might be reaching.

Edited by We Come In Peace