After Death

Brand J

Hello Bills nation!

I'm trying to raise funds for my short film on Kickstarter. Click the link for details and help out if you can...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jbrandon/after-death-0

This is an "all or nothing" endeavor, meaning if you pledge and the goal isn't met, no money exchanges hands. With that said, let's think positive, and pledge with the assumption we're going to make it! Trying to accomplish a dream without money to spare is always a little difficult :)

Every little bit helps. Even if you can only contribute $5.

Thank you all for taking a look! If I reach the goal, hopefully this will be the start of big things to come. Now back to your regularly scheduled FA period...

-JB

Thanks for the interest, guys. No, definitely not directing! I have a talented guy lined up who I worked with in a 24 hr play festival. Young dude, but instincts are on point. Believed he trained at LAMDA and compared the script to Sidney Lumet's hard boiled works.

I am just the writer, but will be playing a role in the film. We have the creative talent lined up, but need to find a DP who has his own sound mixer. Film quality will be paramount for acceptance in the film festivals.

I can vouch for my acting skills, the acting of the other two individuals, as well as the director. When this gets made, it has great potential to turn heads! Please consider backing. It's about time we have another Bills fan in the limelight. :flirt: I will be to the Bills what Spike Lee is to the Knicks, only less annoying, haha.

But in all seriousness, take a look, pledge with confidence, and if you know of any others who might be interested in helping to launch a career, send them over as well. Thank you!

-Jai Brandon

Edited by JayBaller10

Didn't you start another Kickstarter a couple of years back? I don't think you got funded, but did you ever try to do it anyway? If so, how'd it turn out?

Hey Fez, that is correct. That project was MUCH more ambitious, so this time around, I decided to scale down the difficulty in hopes of actually getting something made and out there.

The project I tried to start then, I expanded into a feature. It's an intertwining story like Crash/Pulp Fiction, but a comedy. Since Hollywood isn't generally interested in non-linear stories, that'll be a project I'll step to the plate with once I'm in a position to do so.

For now, I'm only interested in getting this short created. Much less ambitious -- only 3 locations -- so it's completely doable. My only concern, my ONLY concern, is making sure the quality compares favorably to the stuff being entered into film festivals. I have no concern about the story's validity, or those who will come together to create this story. After being read/evaluated by many eyes -- including those who used to work as Hollywood readers -- it's ready for showtime!

I should also add... someone might question, "yeah, but it's a measly six hundred bucks! Can't you get that from somewhere?" to that I'd respond, "I am 'struggling artist' personified and definitely have a tale to tell about perseverance once I make it." To give you a hint... I believe Tyler Perry spent 3 months homeless, living out of his car prior to rising to fame. Well, I've got that beat with a baseball bat. I don't want that statement to come off as "proud," it's just the cards I've been dealt in this life. In many ways, I parallel the Bills!

Edited by JayBaller10

• 2 weeks later...

48 hours to go! Your pledge not only goes towards jump starting an acting/writing career, but there are also rewards for your generosity. Pledge today! I will not disappoint with this project...

You breakdown what the $650 is for, but do you realize that Kickstarter/Amazon takes a chunk of your money? So if you get the $650 you need, you still won't have enough... Plus you'll need to pay to print and ship copies of the script... :/

You breakdown what the $650 is for, but do you realize that Kickstarter/Amazon takes a chunk of your money? So if you get the $650 you need, you still won't have enough... Plus you'll need to pay to print and ship copies of the script... :/

Kickstarter takes 5%, leaving me with $617.50. I'l be throwing the little bit of money I have into the pot as well, so yes, I'll have enough to shoot the movie and ship copies of the script. No worries.

Edited by JayBaller10

Kickstarter takes 5%, leaving me with $617.50. I'l be throwing the little bit of money I have into the pot as well, so yes, I'll have enough to shoot the movie and ship copies of the script. No worries.

Ok, cool, just checking! :)