open competition

what coach doesn't preach competition. ... of course, Fitzpatrick vs. Jackson is one thing. Mario Williams vs. ? is another, right?

jw

Really. Does anyone believe that Byrd, Levitre, Wood, CJ, Kyle, Mario.....are competing for their jobs. I'm pretty sure these guys are sure they are not.

Fitz still has to agree to a pay cut, which I haven't read any where that has officially happen. This QB open competition is to find put who sucks worse. But these two guys are all we've got at the moment. Should Fitz lose the job this summer would anyone even want him on the team in any capacity? Let these guys battle it out and draft a QB.

I am excited to hear it. My one concern is that I fail to understand the appeal of competition where the losers still take up incredible amounts of cap space. Fitz is set to make 10 mil, even if most of his cap space is dead money now, and TJax got 4.5 million. That pretty much undoes all of the money we got back from Barnett, Wilson and McGee.

i never saw details of his contract......was that all guaranteed? or was some of incentives?