I usually disagree with the Chan detractors

Chilly

If I owned an NFL team I would walk down to the sidelines and fire my coach right in the middle of the game if they lined up empty-backfield on 3rd and short.

And you would have media and fans talking about what kind of idiot you were and they would be right.

Good candidates coaches would not be interviewing unless they were about to retire and thought they could a multi-year contract and would be planning on getting fired as soon as possible since contracts are guaranteed.

My input is not about the play calling specifically, just about something Chan said after the game:

'It is great to win. I do not care how you do it. I do not care how you get it. It is hard to win in this league. It was great to have it on national TV and in front of a great crowd that was really into the ball game. It was great for our organization, for our football team and for everybody involved. You cannot downplay the significance of a win like that. So it was good, but it is one. We know what is ahead of us and what has got to be done.'

"It is hard to win in this league" Isn't that the Dick Jauron quote everyone loved to hate on? Chan = DJ2?