Strategy Question

A somewhat different question for the strategists on this board. Why did Belichek risk the FG attempt late in the game? Why not go for it on 4th down? If they score, the game is over, if they get stopped, the Bills are 90 yards from the end zone. Granted, a FG would tie the game, and I get that, but a FG could be blocked, bad snap, etc.... and a KO can be returned. Any thoughts out there?

A somewhat different question for the strategists on this board. Why did Belichek risk the FG attempt late in the game? Why not go for it on 4th down? If they score, the game is over, if they get stopped, the Bills are 90 yards from the end zone. Granted, a FG would tie the game, and I get that, but a FG could be blocked, bad snap, etc.... and a KO can be returned. Any thoughts out there?

Our offense seemed to be popping sporadically, and historically, the Patriots do very well stopping comebacks and rising to the occasion, especially at home. In a game where the Patriots* were not being called for mistakes and penalties he knew they could also toe the line and come at us when he got back on defense. I think he is just now learning how much he can trust his defense and learning how to use them and that is scary.

The FG would put an extra 3 for them over us vs. 7, and either way they would have to kickoff. The special teams were neutralized and BB has our number. BB seemed to have something to prove and I think this does a lot for the morale of that team. Just as much as there could be a bad snap, kickoff return for Td, there could be a Fitz INT or Bills fumble...and wouldn't ya know it...