here we go again

frogger

two days after Charlie I am back to work, helping as many people as I could, because we got lucky, it wasn't an act of god that saved my house, it was the fact the trees in my back yard sit 100 feet back and they couldn't reach. I saw several people in worse shape, houses split in half by trees, houses without roofs. i got lucky. All i had to do is pick up the 3 very large trees in my back yard, but there wasn't enough time. if you were to ho to the front of my house there is a mound of tree branches and logs that is over my head (i'm 6'4"). In the back yard remains the rest of the trees, the City of Orlando/private workers that make a fortune off this, have not had enough time from the last strorm, cleam up was said to take months. Now those branches and logs become the most dangerous things. I hate this feeling, it's like there is nothing we can do, this storm is going to hit Orlando with more force than Charlie. We had winds of over 105 miles per hour, and that destroyed lives, now there saying that the winds could reach the 120 mark. this sucks, I worry far to much, My in laws live with me, and my wife is in NYC covering the republican. My mother in law has brest cancer and had her first kemo treatment yesterday the 31st, there is no way to move her if this strom hits, and my wife is cuban, and from Miami (don't worry she hates the Dolphins), meaning my In laws don't speak english, and I don't speak spanish, this is really a great feeling.

Franny and Charlie are going to form an X on my house! I walk out into the eye.

Hang in there Frogger. I'm actually with you on this one. I live in Altamonte Springs and work in Orlando. We are bracing for a pretty hard hit here again though I thought the last one was bad. Oh well, I just hope that the power companies figured out their shortcomings from Charley and we won't have to be without power for to long, if at all, this time. Maybe we will get lucky and Frances will jog to the north.

On another note, DAMN the NFL for moving back the scedule a couple of years ago. If it wasn't for their greediness, the home opener would be this weekend and I would be flying out of Orlando tomorrow and miss this whole thing. :unsure:

Good Luck Frogger and EnviroJeff. Batten down the hatches!!