This feels like the late Sixties.

When I was a kid in the late Sixties, I would watch or listen to the Bills every week. It was my team, it was my city, and that's what we did win or lose. (There was more "lose" than "win" in those years.) Fast forward to 2012: I was sitting in utter disbelief in mid-fourth quarter and my son, who is the same age now as I was then, looked as disappointed as I did. Ever get the feeling that you've come full circle? Yeah, that.

Late 60s? Then it's going to be another 20 years before this team is competitive.

Actually we were competitive in the early '70s (made the playoffs, which is something this franchise hasn't done for a... while) and again in the early '80s.

My quibbles with the analogy are (1) we were just a couple of years removed from being very successful (two AFL titles and three straight appearances in the AFL title game), and (2) instead of constantly being just good enough to get a crappy draft pick, we were actually bad enough to get a franchise-changing player.

Edited by BRH

i agree. it feels much like then.... and a half dozen other eras in the woeful history of the buffalo bills. it's been more like this than not like this over the 50+ years. at least, the last few years it was compelling to watch most of the entire games for the first half of the season. now it's 1/2 the games for 1/2 the season.