What we learned after week #1 - NFL officials are replaceable

I didn't have a problem with the replacements. Yes, mistakes are made but mistakes are also made on a weekly basis by the regular refs as well. The calls we seen are no more agregious than what we see from our "regular" refeeres. I believe they will only get better as time goes on. I wonder how this effects their bargaining power in negotiations?

The NFL lives and dies with its players, not refeeres. The quality of the game is the same.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I didn't have a problem with the replacements. Yes, mistakes are made but mistakes are also made on a weekly basis by the regular refs as well. The calls we seen are no more agregious than what we see from our "regular" refeeres. I believe they will only get better as time goes on. I wonder how this effects their bargaining power in negotiations?

The NFL lives and dies with its players, not refeeres. The quality of the game is the same.

I agree. I would even go so far as to say that, from what I have seen (about four games) the replacement refs have been better than the regular ones. For example, on the pass interference calls (and non-calls) I did not see one that was clearly wrong. Those calls are routinely botched by the "regular" referees. In fact, I really didn't see any obviously blown calls. I realize this is a very unscientific opinion, but I have not seen any evidence that these refs are inferior to the regular ones. As they get more accustomed to the action, I expect things will run even more smoothly in the coming weeks.