Loss had zero to do with steelers....

Boatdrinks

Given who they put on the field. This was a very beatable version of Pittsburgh that we got today. We played like a bunch of scared wussies, and got our a$$es kicked by a taxi squad. Mularkey blew it too. Yes logic says you kick the FG on 4th and 1, but you have to know the momentum of the game. We had it at that point as Willis was getting yards. Missing that FG was more deflating than a stop on 4th and 1 would have been, and our defense was still thinking about the miss on the long run by a PRACTICE SQUAD RB. The chance to keep momentum on your only good drive of the day was better with your quality RB than your crappy kicker, and showed no faith in the O. Our confidence was GONE after that sequence of events. This choke today was bigger than any of the Superbowls. Just when you thought the Bills were on the way back up, we re-establish ourselves as WORLD CLASS CHOKERS! I'm embarrassed to be a fan of this team today. We gave this game away in every possible fashion. :(

Perhaps you forgot that Willis was stuffed earlier on a 3rd & 1.

True - that was a good drive - but a lot of that momentum was taken away on the questionable interference penalty on Reed.

As shaky as Lindell is, you've got to assume he can make a 28 yarder. A 4 pt lead also would've been significant since the Steelers were kicking FG's all day.

I do agree that according to my definition of "choking" - this game was worse than any of the SB's.

I'm not happy, either, but don't blame Mularkey on the FG attempt. Absolutely the right move -- just the wrong kicker.

I think I am primarily embarrassed by the Bills' attitude. They went into this game on a wave of gushing press clippings, feeling they already deserved the playoffs and status as an elite team. It ended by watching waiver-wire wonder Brian St. Pierre taking a mercy knee at the gun.

This game epitomized what was the same trap the Bills fell into after the 2-0 start last year. Takeo posed like Mr. Universe meets Mussolini on ESPN promos, and the players waxed on in interviews about their strengths and post-season possibilities. We all know how well that held up.

I think this attitude -- that the Bills belong in a tier of top-class, talented organizations -- has turned into a serious character flaw. How laughable is Troy Vincent when he says, "I don't know if anybody wants to play us, we've been on a run" -- and he's only played in seven games this year? Or Jonas Jennings bragging about the offensive line's depth, during an interview before this week's game? Good God, the Bills talking about their post-season worthiness or their stoutness after only beating the likes of Cleveland and San Francisco was like Shelley Long preparing an Oscar speech for "Troop Beverly Hills."

Next year's theme, instead of "Billieve," should be "Shut up and Play." Humble pie, served up each and every week and each and every play until if or when a playoff berth is secured. No bragging; no reading weekly power polls on Sportsline; no posing; no salutes; no Lambeau leaps; no praising Jesus or Grandpa in heaven.

If they somehow wind up 12-0 heading into December next year, and a reporter asks them to compare themselves with the '73 Dolphins, they should just remember one lesson: when crunch time arrived, this team was beaten by Brian St. Pierre.

Brian St. Pierre. 0:)