Lombardi Blue/Red chips

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000055554/article/darrelle-revis-jason-pierrepaul-among-bluered-chips-on-defense

Some of his picks seem more like cow chips than blue chips... Hutchison and Lynch picks are laughable. Hutchison is a first ballot HOF guard who has been awful for two years. If he wants to leave Freddie off because of injury he could have at least noted that. He was leading the league in rushing when he got hurt. Lynch blue chip??? I could list 15 RB's better than him and I really like Lynch as a player.

That he has Polamalu listed at all seems nuts to me. He has lost a step and simply can not cover in zone or man to man (unless competing against back-ups and VY). His run support is still quite good but he can not stay healthy and takes too many chances/bad angles to try to make up for his lost speed.

I am honestly surprised how high he has Byrd listed. I hope he is right and he plays himself into a franchise player tag. I guess I just don't see the game breaking plays. What was it game 10 or 11 before his first INT last year? I truly hope the total inability to stop the run, rush the paspassernd the incompetence of George Edwards were holding him back. If he really is as good as Lombardi thinks then Nix would be wise to get him signed this week.

Lastly I know I am a Bills homer, but I would list Levitre over all the other guards except Nicks, Evans, and grudgingly Mankins just for his guard play alone. That he can play LT in a pinch makes him invaluable. I don't think any of the others have played LT before.

And how awesome is it to see Oher, Ngata, Gronkowski, Mangold, Lynch, Revis, and Orapko on the list and not Wood, Whitner, McKelvin, Spiller, Maybin, and Troup???

Your thoughts....

i think they bills dont have a lot of players the national media respects and they will have to consistently prove it before they got that respect

i think byrd had such a hot run for a while he got his name out there and writes like to mention him and the jury is somewhat still out on him but i think he'll contibrute well over the next several for the bills

i think levitre is solid and im glad hes a bill but i dont know that he is all pro elite level

i think the bills have a long history of making poor draft decisions but i think they overall management of the franchise has been better in the last year