Hard Knocks

My bad...I thought they said on the show that he was a draft pick.

Still feel bad for him.....regardless of the ugly teal color of the uniform he should have been able to at least get a practice in with the team....those UDFA's work their asses off.

Ya no one likes to see kids comming out of college get cut on tv. I remeber him tweeting when he was cut it it was all class. Good kid. If it helps he was Picked up by NE so who knows :thumbsup:

Was there actually any football on the first show? I haven't seen it yet, but Cowherd was complaining that it was all about wives of football players. I want to see FOOTBALL, not Housewives of Miami.

Was there actually any football on the first show? I haven't seen it yet, but Cowherd was complaining that it was all about wives of football players. I want to see FOOTBALL, not Housewives of Miami.

About as much as you can show for not having played a preseaon game yet. They showed Johnson looking good in practice, V. Davis sort of lollygagging, a scrimmage, and they highlighted the QB competition between Garard, Moore, and Tannehill (Garrard in the lead atm). They did the standard husband/wife interviews together for the 3 quarterbacks, probably to further reinforce what's at stake here. They showed a pretty unique practice technique implemented by Philbin that has both the first and second units on the field at the same time, which doubles the amount of snaps they get and keeps the practice tempo high. Of course Johnson hammed it up as expected, and the rookies got thier first hazing. I was also surpised that the players get to stay in such a swank hotel, while most teams opt for the basic dorm lifestyle.

Great first episode and I'm always amazed at the editing, especially when you consider they only have a day or two to piece the whole show together before it airs.

Edited by QCity

Great first episode and I'm always amazed at the editing, especially when you consider they only have a day or two to piece the whole show together before it airs.

They interviewed the guy who puts this together and he was saying they do the naration the same day it airs and dont normaly get the completed video into HBO until just a couple hours before it actualy airs. I found that amazing tbo.

here is the interview if anyone is interested.

About as much as you can show for not having played a preseaon game yet. They showed Johnson looking good in practice, V. Davis sort of lollygagging, a scrimmage, and they highlighted the QB competition between Garard, Moore, and Tannehill (Garrard in the lead atm). They did the standard husband/wife interviews together for the 3 quarterbacks, probably to further reinforce what's at stake here. They showed a pretty unique practice technique implemented by Philbin that has both the first and second units on the field at the same time, which doubles the amount of snaps they get and keeps the practice tempo high. Of course Johnson hammed it up as expected, and the rookies got thier first hazing. I was also surpised that the players get to stay in such a swank hotel, while most teams opt for the basic dorm lifestyle.

Okay, well the way you describe it makes me want to watch it more than how I felt after listening to Cowherd....I'll definitely check it out.