Healthy O-line

30dive

with Jennings and L. Smith on the left side, Teague at Center, Villarial and M Williams on the right side, and Tucker as a very good utility man, the longer they work as a unit the the greater comfort I'm having with them.

Looking at each player: Jennings is very solid, L Smith has been the suprise of camp, Teague has had a better pre-season than anyone on this board ever thought, Villarial brings the leadership by example that was lacking the past few seasons (yes he is better than All-Pro Ruben Brown), and Mike Williams, in spite of his weight and emotional issues has started to come around as evidenced in his solid performance against the Colts.

Now with all that said, I'd like to see us score some points with the first O. However it is very unlikly that we will see much of the first unit this Thursday against the Lions.........I guess we'll see what we have on Spetember 12th.

Good point. And good points.

I know a lot of us dog Teague, but he has played well this preseason. I TiVo-ed all the games and have been specifically looking at the O-Line. One play that stood out was in the Broncos game (I think) - where Teague pulled to the right side and made a great block to spring a long run. He has been solid this preseason. Once the unit is together for a bit they should be fine.

Also, Villareal is a mean run-blocker. I can't wait til they let Travis loose behind him and Big Mike. Lots of TDs to the right this year.

with Jennings and L. Smith on the left side, Teague at Center, Villarial and M Williams on the right side, and Tucker as a very good utility man, the longer they work as a unit the the greater comfort I'm having with them. 

Looking at each player:  Jennings is very solid, L Smith has been the suprise of camp, Teague has had a better pre-season than anyone on this board ever thought, Villarial brings the leadership by example that was lacking the past few seasons (yes he is better than All-Pro Ruben Brown), and Mike Williams, in spite of his weight and emotional issues has started to come around as evidenced in his solid performance against the Colts.

Now with all that said, I'd like to see us score some points with the first O.  However it is very unlikly that we will see much of the first unit this Thursday against the Lions.........I guess we'll see what we have on Spetember 12th.

13524[/snapback]

Nice post. Lets send those guys some positive vibes. Right now, as far as I am concerned, the glass is half full until the regular season starts.

I believe come opening day this unit will be o.k. not great by any means, but certainly not as bad as it was looking 3-4 weeks ago, if you take a look back they have really come along way.

I'm starting to feel those good vibes, on this board.......What a feeling!  Just few weeks ago this post would have been flamed regarding the line, especially Teague and Williams.

13624[/snapback]

After last year and the dodgy start to camp Williams had it is no wonder quite a few people had a bad feeling about the OL. But it is a good feeling to think it looks like the OL is begining to take shape as a competant unit.

Now if only the positives can continue into the regular season (and, with a llittle luck, beyond).

Williams stated Monday that he has lost 30 lbs already and when the games actually mean something, no one will have any worries about the o-line.  "Don't nobody worry, we are going to be fine, I can guarantee that".

13999[/snapback]

30 pounds!!!! If true, someone has been working....thats even alot of water weight.