Rams "special" teams

bflo83

Read a preview in Newsday for the Jets-Rams game and found these numbers on the Rams special teams play:

Punt Coverage ranked 30th in the NFL

Punt Return Average ranked 31st in the NFL

Kickoff Coverage ranked 31st in the NFL

Kickoff Return Average ranked 32nd in the NFL

OO-FAH!!!

Did the Rams fire Bobby April or was he approached by Coach Mularkey to come over to a real team?

Let's hope the Sheep can just outscore the Jests....

Read a preview in Newsday for the Jets-Rams game and found these numbers on the Rams special teams play:

OO-FAH!!!

Did the Rams fire Bobby April or was he approached by Coach Mularkey to come over to a real team?

184930[/snapback]

Well, they DO wear football helmets...

OO-FAH!!!

184930[/snapback]

Bobby April was let go by the Goats last offseason.

IIRC, Martz blamed April, but evidently he (Martz) has never really devoted any effort into having decent ST players on the team.

184951[/snapback]

Yup. They also had a couple of breakdowns on ST, and Martz took most of the coaching duties away from April - and they became much worse. I remember reading about it when his name surfaced for the Bflo job and many of the TBD 'experts' were telling us we were billsfanone on ST because of April.

Of all fans, Bills fans should know that you can't always make the coaches scapegoats. Case in point: Our once solid ST units fell apart after Dehaven was let go after the Homerun Throw Up. It's nice to see the respect our opponents give ST in Bflo again.

Yup.  They also had a couple of breakdowns on ST, and Martz took most of the coaching duties away from April - and they became much worse.  I remember reading about it when his name surfaced for the Bflo job and many of the TBD 'experts' were telling us we were billsfanone on ST because of April.

Of all fans, Bills fans should know that you can't always make the coaches scapegoats.  Case in point:  Our once solid ST units fell apart after Dehaven was let go after the Homerun Throw Up.  It's nice to see the respect our opponents give ST in Bflo again.

184955[/snapback]

I hated when the Bills threw DeHaven under the bus for that Homerun forward lateral crap. And then to top it all off super genius Greggggg-o cuts Steve Christie in camp the next year (I know he was injured but a money kicker like Christie you work with and let him rehab - last I checked he was still performing well in this league).

Those two decisions set quality special teams play in Buffalo back a long time. We have a good combination of personnel and coaching that finally turned it around this year.