I love these guys

This quote from the above article made me laugh:

"When Buddy Nix was named GM in Buffalo a few years ago there were many that questioned the hire because of his age," wrote former Chicago Bears college scouting chief Greg Gabriel on the National Football Post. "For some reason in the NFL, the people who do the hiring around the league don't look at experience as a strong point. In any other business it's a prerequisite. Buddy has been a life-long football guy and he has done an outstanding job since taking over in Buffalo."

Greg Gabriel was one of the vocal writers questioning the Bills for hiring Nix because he was old and inexperienced! In fact, he suggested they hire Doug Whaley, who was an up and coming Front Office talent in the Steelers' organization--- of course, the Bills did hire Whaley about a week later to be Nix's Assistant GM. I wonder if Gabriel remembers criticizing the Nix hire or if he's being ironical?

This quote from the above article made me laugh:

"When Buddy Nix was named GM in Buffalo a few years ago there were many that questioned the hire because of his age," wrote former Chicago Bears college scouting chief Greg Gabriel on the National Football Post. "For some reason in the NFL, the people who do the hiring around the league don't look at experience as a strong point. In any other business it's a prerequisite. Buddy has been a life-long football guy and he has done an outstanding job since taking over in Buffalo."

Greg Gabriel was one of the vocal writers questioning the Bills for hiring Nix because he was old and inexperienced! In fact, he suggested they hire Doug Whaley, who was an up and coming Front Office talent in the Steelers' organization--- of course, the Bills did hire Whaley about a week later to be Nix's Assistant GM. I wonder if Gabriel remembers criticizing the Nix hire or if he's being ironical?

What's also ironic is that some writers were touting Gabriel for the Bills GM job.