Had the Bills signed Meachem...

If Anderson has the same type of year he had for the Pats, he is worth $6M all day.

And in fact, as the Buffalo News reported after viewing the contract, the actual numbers are about 4 years and $19 million… an average of less than $5 million per year.

But didn't the Bills schedule the Giants WR Manningham to come in for a visit after signing Williams to his contract?

Nix addressed rumors of Manningham visiting Buffalo by saying the Bills had no interest in the player.

I am a big fan of Meachem and was hoping the Bills would target him so obviously would have been happy if they signed him

for those that say he underperformed with the Saints its hard to perform when you are at best the 4th option in the passing game

I like Anderson but I cant help but wonder how much he will be on the field where as Meachem would have been on the field almost every offensive play

Regardless, Meachem was a first round pick. I think criticisms of his career to date are valid although your point is a good one too.

Personally the biggest reason I respect Meachem's talent is because Buddy felt strongly enough to pursue the guy as a priority in free agency.