Feel much better about the draft

Was just about positive the Bills brass would reach for a second round DE talent at the 10th spot.

Now they can focus on the best player available...now the draft gets interesting.

The Bills could use a QB (just not sold on Thigpen as a backup), corner (McGee can't stay healthy), and although the D-Line looks pretty good a top-flight D-tackle to rotate in with Kyle (will he be 100%?) and Dareus would allow us to jettison one of the more marginal talents. Wood has been hurt twice so a quality Center/Guard as insurance could be in order (remember how much line shuffling the Bills did last year). Easley may come back and prove to everyone the Bills were right in retaining him through all his ailments, but then again he may not so a quality receiving talent could be the choice. The Bills let Bell walk and got rid of Wang last season, so they are running thin at tackle. I would bet that they would go tackle, but Buddy has a reputation for picking up serviceable O-Line prospects in the later rounds.

Like I said, it gets real interesting.

I think Bell could be back. If not - Hairston may hold the fort down for left tackle. The Bills are super flexible right now at #10. I honestly think we'll go left tackle but the question is who?

neither Bell or Hairston is the answer at LT.

Bell is always hurt

If that's their plan and the best they can do, they would be better off moving Levitre and drafting a solid OG in the mid-rounds

I think it narrows it down to 4 players: Reilly Reiff, Jonathon Martin, Micheal Floyd or Courtney Upshaw. I think Upshaw might still be the leader, being that there's still a major question mark at the other OLB spot.

I liked Upshaw, but as an OLB not playing with a hand on the ground.

With his speed and ball awareness he just projects better at OLB playing in space, but shows the ability to rush the passer.

I was concerned that the Bills would reach for him as an End and he just did not have the prototypical build - height and arm length for anchoring the line.

I think the Bill's may just go with another big D-tackle there is no guarantee that the back spasms that have sidelined Troup (who I still think was a mistake to pick over Cody) will subside, and they would do well to keep Dareus rested with a solid rotation. The only problem with that thinking is that there are a lot of D-Tackles in this draft that are ranked pretty close. I am not sure any of the top 10 have stood out other than Poe's combine, but I believe you have to look more at the body of work they did in college more than having a good showing at the combine. Or they could go offense with either Martin or Reiff, but that would be counter to the way Buddy has traditionally operated in regards to selecting offensive linemen.

So other than Upshaw, is there an offensive player or defensive player left on the board at 10 that is worthy of that high of a selection?

May be a great year to trade down and collect more picks if they can find a buyer who wants to move up.