Tears in Beers

Last night I was startled by an incredibly loud sound, almost like a sonic boom...only louder. I'm not sure, but I think it was one of two things. Either it was the sound of half a million Buffalo Bills fans knees all hitting the ground at the same time.... when they heard Mario was leaving without signing...or a half a million hearts breaking.

The world isn't going to end because Mario Williams signs somewhere else. You can lead a horse to water....

Yeah, the Buffalo Bills signing super Mario would have given the team something they have been lacking since Aaron Schobel in 09, a pass rush!! It also would have given the franchise instant credibility around the league as they will spend whatever it takes to field a winner.

eff him if he doesn't want to be a Bill, eff Robert Meachem too, then eff AJ Smith with moose dangle for tabbing Meachem while still in Buffalo being entertained by the Bills, then eff his agent 5 times.

Now to the reality, Buddy Nix is going to do exactly what he said he would do when he first was hired, build thru the draft! Hopefully he has a backup plan in place should Mario go elsewhere.

There is still OT Eric Winston -CB Brandon Carr - OT Jared Gaither- WR Brandon Lloyd- DE Jason Jones- CB Aaron Ross- DE Cory Redding - OT Marcus McNeil - DE Andre Carter- DE Kendal Langford - OT Jeff Backus - OT Kareem McKenzie- DE Luis Castillo- OT Anthony Collins - WR Tedd Ginn, and others

Then there are trades that could be made. Like I pointed out in a different thread the Eagles are now leery of giving DeSean Jackson a huge contract and they let it be known he could be had in a trade. The Eagles franchise tagged him so he will make 9.5 million this year. In my view he is worth more then Vincent Jackson as he is a faster deep threat and a good PR. Offer the Eagle next years a #2 or 2 #3's after the draft and see what happens. Talk to Jackson and see if he wants to be a Buffalo Bill.

In my view Mario for 15 million a year is over paying when the team has more holes then just a pass rusher. The Bills have the ability and cap space to fill in most of the needs and even add some depth in free agency and then go for BPA in the draft.

Lets face it guys, no top player wants to play for a perennial loser. One winning season could change all that. Also, lets hope Manning goes to Denver

To me, it has nothing to do with signing Meachem or Mario. It has to do with what it represents if they both walk. We gave these guys the full court press, offered Mario more money than anyone in history, and Meachem didn't even make it through the night.

I think that Meachem got overpaid, but maybe not as many teams had offers in to him and believed he is more than his stats in a pass happy Saints. However, failing to get these two will show that there really isn't anything we can do to bring difference makers to Buffalo. Before, we could at least cry and say that Ralph is cheap. Now what?