Any early thoughts on Indy vs. Den next week.

ACor58

Did you see how Peyton didn't care at all when he broke the record yesterday?  All he was focused on was the two point conversion.  I don't think Peyton plays more than a half, personally.

Our hopes lie in the hands of Mike Martz.

180418[/snapback]

Hopefully a half is all we need..........it is still possible......the backups can win lol

also........yeah we do need the RAMS to win tonight and next week.......they have a chance tonight with the eagles resting.........funny saying that

also Peyton isn't nowhere near the passing yardage mark or I would hope for that ...... :blink: 4,551 to dan's 5,084

Did you see how Peyton didn't care at all when he broke the record yesterday?  All he was focused on was the two point conversion.  I don't think Peyton plays more than a half, personally.

Our hopes lie in the hands of Mike Martz.

180418[/snapback]

Peyton is the only QB that took every single snap for his team last year. Let's keep our fingers crossed. If our playoffs hopes are dependent on "the offensive genius" beating the Jets we are screwed.

I doubt they will lay down but if things go badly for them early, I doubt that folks will put their bodies on the line to try to win this one.

I think human nature dictates this game in several ways:

1. Pro athetes perform at the awesome levels they do in part because they psych themselves up to play at another level. Athletes and teams have generally not shown an ability to turn this factor on and off at will or to titrate this factor to play really hard or a little really hard. I think that the Colts and Dungy will psych themselves up as normal and show up to play. To not do this runs the risk that they will not be able to turn it on in their next game and runs the risk of even greater injury to themselves or their teammates if they attempt to lollygag through this game.

2. They are only human and when the going gets tough, people will recognize that they key for them is to live and fight another day. I think how this game starts will be a key. If the ball and the wind bounces and blows the right way, Indy will start off in a groove and actually be able to put up a lead. If the Broncs panic in the face of being behind, the game could turn very ugly for them.

If on the other hand, the Broncs get off to a good start, i think that it is unlikely that the Colts will risk their lives and health to win the game and we will be done.

If the game is tight, the Broncs will want it more because they will need it more in general, but the way the ball bounces and events will have its impact.

In the end, the game meaning nothing to the Colts and everything to the Broncs is a big advantage for the Broncs, but while this advantage will indicate a lot it does not determine the outcome and any given Sunday and the way this odd-shaped ball decides to bounce will ultimately decide the game.