Game report says:

Beerball

But video shows otherwise

Portion of the game report

I have to admit that this comment:

While Privette's prognosis remains highly uncertain, there is more optimism that she will eventually be able to recover lower body sensation -- as she did following a similar injury in 2008

makes me wonder about the wiseness of her continuing to play but she must have been medically cleared.

horrible camera angle to really say whether or not she was hit. It looks like she may have been, but with the net, goalie, and other players in the line of sight its hard to really say from that video. It doesn't even really look like a check from behind either,more like a t-bone collision IMHO. Glad to hear they think she is going to make a full recovery and there are no breaks. Funny that she's had similar issues in the past and the school even allowed her to play again.

As to the mom saying people don't get paralyzed from falling. First, your daughter has already gone through a similar episode and you still allow her to play so you know the risk is there. Two, ice is a totally different surface than a basketball court or football field. Ice has no give to receive a falling body. Trust me I know because I broke 2 ribs in 09 diving across the crease to make a save. Falls impact the body differently on the ice. I know she's looking for someone to blame here, but from the video shown I did not see a cheap shot or an intent to injure. I saw what appeared to be a minor collision between 2 players behind the net in a collision sport.