ESPN and Berman Reinforce the Bills Losing Culture

I used to enjoy hearing ESPN's Chris Berman say "Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills!" - - but after more than a decade of no playoffs I've changed my mind about it. I'm tired of being reminded that the Bills must overcome stupid mistakes, both on the field and in the front office. By constantly repeating the "nobody circles the wagons" phrase, Berman simply reinforces the stereotype that the Bills can be counted on to make boneheaded decisions and plays that they must struggle to overcome. As a result, top tier coaches and players believe that the Bills will always need to not only beat their opponents, but the Bills own miscues. When given a choice, those players and coaches then take their services elsewhere. Enough! We need to make ESPN and Berman use a more positive catch phrase for the Bills.

Besides, changing the "circling the wagons" catch phrase is just the right thing to do. As I learned here on Two Bills Drive, "circling the wagons" is a slang term for extremely brutal and immoral inmate behavior in prisons:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=circle%20the%20wagons

I have to admit, I just don't get it. How can the Bills promote a "make Mom proud" campaign for fan behavior in the Ralph, yet tactilely (by their silence) allow Berman's use of the phrase "Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills?"

Ralph and the front office should be inspired by a recent news story from Utah. When required to make a decision about the use of a mascot with a much less offensive slang meaning, the Draper, UT school board took the high road. They refused to rubber stamp the students' choice of "cougars" as the mascot and name for the school's athletic teams. They believed that middle-aged women might be offended by the choice of name, and did not want to associate the school with the stereotype of unmarried women in their forties (i.e., losers):

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/school-t-cougars-because-middle-aged-women-might-161402778.html

The Bills should be as courageous as the folks in Utah and respectfully demand that Berman use a new catch-phrase for the Bills that creates a positive image and has no immoral slang meaning. I've had enough of ESPN and Berman reinforcing the culture of losing at One Bills Drive. If Berman's contract with ESPN requires him to use the "nobody circles the wagons" phrase, then let him use it for the Patriots, and stereotype them as the team that always makes bone-headed mistakes.

lol...who cares? i'm pretty sure that's not the reason we lose every year.