Giants hate Coughlin

Thailog80

The NY post had "unnamed" Giants players as saying they hate Coughlin and want him out of there. My question is if this same team tanked on Fassel last year and now on Coughlin shouldn't it be time to get rid of the malcontents? Sounds like the Giants have some serious locker room cancers on that team.

The NY post had "unnamed" Giants players as saying they hate Coughlin and want him out of there. My question is if this same team tanked on Fassel last year and now on Coughlin shouldn't it be time to get rid of the malcontents? Sounds like the Giants have some serious locker room cancers on that team.

179154[/snapback]

Well it's just this simple, a coach like Coughlin is great when you are winning (see Parcells in Dallas 2003) and when you aren't winning guys can't stand a coach like that. (Parcells in 2004)

179154[/snapback]

Coughlin isn't a "player's coach" and his decision (if it was his) to tank their season by starting Eli wasn't well received by a team that could well be in the playoffs. He's seriously "old school" and today's NFL players don't respond well to that. Almost the "Anti-Mularkey" if you will. The proof is in the results.

Well it's just this simple, a coach like Coughlin is great when you are winning (see Parcells in Dallas 2003) and when you aren't winning guys can't stand a coach like that. (Parcells in 2004)

179162[/snapback]

It was Fassel who they tanked on this year and now Coughlin. It sounds to me like the Giants are filled with quitters.

179154[/snapback]

\

Your right. There will be some different player personal on the field next year for the new york giants. Their oline stinks, secondary & wr's STINK.

Coughlin isn't a "player's coach" and his decision (if it was his) to tank their season by starting Eli wasn't well received by a team that could well be in the playoffs.  He's seriously "old school" and today's NFL players don't respond well to that.  Almost the "Anti-Mularkey" if you will.  The proof is in the results.

179164[/snapback]

I think the best thing I saw today was Drew jumping in the air and high fiving Mularkey after his TD toss to Evans.

Mularkey could very well be the next great Bills coach. He's already a more successful Bills coach than Greggo.

It was Fassel who they tanked on this year and now Coughlin. It sounds to me like the Giants are filled with quitters.

179165[/snapback]

Well we could have said that about the Bills (well actually a lot of us did) under Greggo.

Sometimes it's just about the right coach. Coughlin is obviously not the right fit for that team.

Coughlin isn't a "player's coach" and his decision (if it was his) to tank their season by starting Eli wasn't well received by a team that could well be in the playoffs.  He's seriously "old school" and today's NFL players don't respond well to that.  Almost the "Anti-Mularkey" if you will.  The proof is in the results.

179164[/snapback]

yeah and I remember some posters here ( one of your buddies :devil: ) that was saying TD made a mistake at not getting Coughlin as our HC

I think the best thing I saw today was Drew jumping in the air and high fiving Mularkey after his TD toss to Evans.

Mularkey could very well be the next great Bills coach.  He's already a more successful Bills coach than Greggo.

179170[/snapback]

I agree and the proof is the way the players talk about him. Not the standard "BS" soundbytes they gave GW but the genuine thoughts of respected guys like TV and LM.

I agree and the proof is the way the players talk about him.  Not the standard "BS" soundbytes they gave GW but the genuine thoughts of respected guys like TV and LM.

179181[/snapback]

Oh boy did I used to hate hearing that every week. The players would give the standard comment about how they liked Williams and wanted to play hard for him, then they would go out and tank it and show no emotion doing it.

Two things are obvious to me now.

1. Williams was problem number 1 (which I knew anyways last year)

2. Willis is the guy in Buffalo, Travis wasn't the right guy in the RB spot.